Solar power

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nurseypoop

Reaction score
My husband and I are looking into selling a portable solar briefcase that is 15 pounds and 300 watts. Do you think there is a viable market? The price is $995. We would be targeting mostly other vendors who have to pay for electricity usually. But we wondered if there would be any interest in the rv or van abode community. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A thousand dollars sounds like a price for new not used

I paid less than that for a total of 700watts....not portable, but these prices are constantly dropping.

Anyway, just my opinion...your price needs to be lower

VanKitten said:
A thousand dollars sounds like a price for new not used

I paid less than that for a total of 700watts....not portable, but these prices are constantly dropping.

Anyway, just my opinion...your price needs to be lower

Thank you for your input. I guess the reason it's so high is for the portability factor. Which obviously would be of benefit for vendors, I am just not sure there is any market for this in the camping community.

are you building these? are you the distributor? or is this used for sale?

Weight said:
are you building these? are you the distributor? or is this used for sale?

There is a distributer. We are learning more about the product and business before jumping into anything.

sometimesido said:
Just for the panels in briefcase form? That price seems high...

It's similar to one Renogy has for 550$. But theirs is 100 amp. This one is 300 amp.

Nurseypoop said:
It's similar to one Renogy has for 550$. But theirs is 100 watts. This one is 300 watts

jimindenver said:
300 watts at 15 pounds? WOW

Again, I am not selling. It is something we are looking into selling. Other than vendors at rv shows, the other group I thought of was the Van Dwellers. Not sure this would suffice for what you all need though.

* Product Features:
* 20W high-efficiency solar panel
* 300W AC inverter
* 4 output and 2 input ports
* 3W LED flashlight
* 12v / 32Ah Lithium Polymer Battery
* 12V / 5A charge controller
* Details & Specifications:
* Power Output: 300W – 60Hz
* Chainable: No
* Weight: 15.3 lbs
* Dimensions: 15.6 x 12.4 x 4.2 in
* Certification(s): USA Compliant
* Manufactures Warranty: 1 Year
* Connection Ports:
* AC Inverter (US) (output): 100V ~ 240V (1x)
* DC (output): 12V (1x)
* Car Adapter (output): 13.8V (1x)
* USB Port (output): 5V / 1A (2x)
* DC (input): 12-23V (1x)
* AC (input): 120V (1x)
* Component Specifications:
* Solar Panel: 20W / 14V / High-Efficiency
* Inverter: 300W / 100V ~ 240V AC
* Battery: 12V / 32Ah
* Controller: 12V / 5A

Nurseypoop said:
Again, I am not selling. It is something we are looking into selling. Other than vendors at rv shows, the other group I thought of was the Van Dwellers. Not sure this would suffice for what you all need though.

* Product Features:
* 20W high-efficiency solar panel
* 300W AC inverter
* 4 output and 2 input ports
* 3W LED flashlight
* 12v / 32Ah Lithium Polymer Battery
* 12V / 5A charge controller
* Details & Specifications:
* Power Output: 300W – 60Hz
* Chainable: No
* Weight: 15.3 lbs
* Dimensions: 15.6 x 12.4 x 4.2 in
* Certification(s): USA Compliant
* Manufactures Warranty: 1 Year
* Connection Ports:
* AC Inverter (US) (output): 100V ~ 240V (1x)
* DC (output): 12V (1x)
* Car Adapter (output): 13.8V (1x)
* USB Port (output): 5V / 1A (2x)
* DC (input): 12-23V (1x)
* AC (input): 120V (1x)
* Component Specifications:
* Solar Panel: 20W / 14V / High-Efficiency
* Inverter: 300W / 100V ~ 240V AC
* Battery: 12V / 32Ah
* Controller: 12V / 5A

25f58e789190a3214f4a6917797418e8.jpg

I had to read your posts twice. What you have is a 20w system with a 300w inverter. That'll change cell phones and maybe a tablet or two. For $995, I doubt there would be many buyers. I originally was under the impression that your system was 300w panels.
Ted

WalkaboutTed said:
I had to read your posts twice. What you have is a 20w system with a 300w inverter. For $995, I doubt there would be many buyers. I originally was under the impression that your system was 300w panels.
Ted

Ok thank you for your input.

How much is your discount on case quantities and who handles warranty returns?

Often these multi-level or small dealer setups sound pretty good, but the first time you have to 'eat' one cuz somebody broke it or burned it up or spilled coffee in it...well you lose the profits you worked for.

And if these are also available cheaper on the web, your buyers might just go there instead.

I'm 100% sure you mean really well, but the fact that you didn't know what that was (and that it is a truly horrible deal) says it is not a business you should consider at this time.

Stay here and learn the ins and outs of solar and maybe you could consider it at a later date.

akrvbob said:
I'm 100% sure you mean really well, but the fact that you didn't know what that was (and that it is a truly horrible deal) says it is not a business you should consider at this time.

Stay here and learn the ins and outs of solar and maybe you could consider it at a later date.

Thank you for your thoughts.

tx2sturgis said:
How much is your discount on case quantities and who handles warranty returns?

Often these multi-level or small dealer setups sound pretty good, but the first time you have to 'eat' one cuz somebody broke it or burned it up or spilled coffee in it...well you lose the profits you worked for.

And if these are also available cheaper on the web, your buyers might just go there instead.

Thank you for your input. I know the dealer is offering a one year warranty.