Solar install help in Texas

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppabear

Reaction score
[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]I'm in Central Texas and need help with electrical / solar install in my van. Does anyone know of any solar installers that will work on van.   Or is there  anyone out there that has RV/Van electrical / solar installation experience that can guide / help me.  All that I can find are residential and commercial installers and they won't touch my van. [/font][font=Tahoma, sans-serif]My wife and I are retired, for the better part of two years I have been working on converting 2017 Ram ProMaster 2500 Cargo Van into a travel vehicle. It has been a stop and go process due to health issues. I’ve got those resolved now and I am anxious to get finished and start traveling. I‘ve watched a ton of You-Tube videos and done lots research on solar. Initially I had grand aspirations of doing the solar install / wiring myself. The reality is I’ve concluded that I am in over my head and I need help. I've got the solar panels mounted, house batteries, inverter/charger and solar charge controller mounted. But when it comes to the actual wiring and tying everything together I get anxious and confused. I don’t want to make a stupid mistake and burn everything up[/font]

I'm not far from you, in the Panhandle. If Seminole Wind is not able to help, maybe I can. I've done several installs over the past few years.

Do you have a place that the helper could park their rig for a few days?

Latest posts