Sienna...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myke

Reaction score
Building a bed platform in my Sienna...

First had to ensure that my guitar will fit under it...
sienna1.jpg

Guitar fits... six legs supporting the frame, each one a different length to make it all level...
sienna2.jpg

Platform complete...
sienna3.jpg
sienna4.jpg

Next up, cutting this slab of latex to fit... (expensive, but it is sooo comfortable, and non-toxic to boot!)...
sienna5.jpg

Attachments

• sienna1.jpg
    sienna1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 20
  • sienna2.jpg
    sienna2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 24
  • sienna3.jpg
    sienna3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 31
  • sienna4.jpg
    sienna4.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 37
  • sienna5.jpg
    sienna5.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 28
Thanks. The Sienna is on my short list of possible replacement vehicles for when my Prius dies. Maybe Toyota will have a hybrid Sienna by the time I get to that point. I'll be watching your build.

Suanne ... with 220K Prius miles

Great looking platform and good job on leveling. I wouldn't leave home without my 6" of memory foam -- gotta have a good night's rest.

A van is never complete, until you add a guitar. Nice work

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Got the latex cut to size... my original plan of using a jig saw failed, the blade just bounced off of it... ended up using a utility knife which worked ok...
siennab1.jpg

Put the mattress in a cotton zippered encasement...
siennab2.jpg
siennab3.jpg

This thing is super comfortable, a huge improvement over the 3 couch cushions I tried using in the past...
siennab4.jpg

Next up, I need to get screens in the windows asap! I'm thinking of making inserts for the windows with reflectix, but then somehow cutting out the middle and having the screen attached directing to the relextix somehow...

Attachments

• siennab1.jpg
    siennab1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 14
  • siennab2.jpg
    siennab2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 18
  • siennab3.jpg
    siennab3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 22
  • siennab4.jpg
    siennab4.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 23
Thanks again Myke. Nice work. How wide is your bed? Narrow and wide measurements? Also, it looks like you kept the stow-and-go seats installed and just covered them; is that correct?

PS ... For anyone else who might want to cut foam, an electric kitchen knife works good.

myke said:
Got the latex cut to size... my original plan of using a jig saw failed, the blade just bounced off of it... ended up using a utility knife which worked ok...

Put the mattress in a cotton zippered encasement...

This thing is super comfortable, a huge improvement over the 3 couch cushions I tried using in the past...

Next up, I need to get screens in the windows asap! I'm thinking of making inserts for the windows with reflectix, but then somehow cutting out the middle and having the screen attached directing to the relextix somehow...

I've had this bookmarked for window screens for awhile...really like the solution as it's easily modified to whatever shape or size you want, and could also use noseeum screening in it...

attachment.php

hammerdown said:
I made these using 1/2" plywood, sandwiched the screen in between, so I can disassemble them and replace the screen if it's damaged. Friction fit on the sides and top, and a dado on the bottom edge accepts the window to snug them up. Done like dinner!

myke said:
Building a bed platform in my Sienna...

Next up, cutting this slab of latex to fit... (expensive, but it is sooo comfortable, and non-toxic to boot!)...

:huh:  Where would you source a slab of latex that size??

Suanne said:
Thanks again Myke.  Nice work.  How wide is your bed?  Narrow and wide measurements?  Also, it looks like you kept the stow-and-go seats installed and just covered them; is that correct?

No problem! The bed is 32" wide, then down to 28" wide. Originally I was going to make the whole thing 28", but there was a lot of extra space near the door, and I had the extra mattress to just extend it into there. Very happy I did; I'm a side sleeper and now have plenty of room. Also, I have taken out all of the seats, both 2nd and 3rd row...

BradKW said:
I've had this bookmarked for window screens for awhile...really like the solution as it's easily modified to whatever shape or size you want, and could also use noseeum screening in it...

It doesn't seem be showing up? Please re-post if you can, sounds intriguing... and I need ideas!

Oh, and I got the latex at sleeponlatex.com...

Hmm, pic showing for me. It's a link to another forum so that's probably the problem. I can work around it tonight when I'm home... shoot me a PM for reminder... It's worth seeing :)

BradKW said:
Hmm, pic showing for me. It's a link to another forum so that's probably the problem. I can work around it tonight when I'm home... shoot me a PM for reminder... It's worth seeing :)
Hey, no problem, I actually found it... Interesting idea... although I think inserting them would be a bit involved every time you had to do it...

BradKW said:

The pic isn't showing up for me either. Could you post another link?

Tell me if can see this...I copied it to photobucket this time...

van%20screen_zpszz7olp8g.jpg

myway_1 said:
Yes, I see it. Does a company make these? If so, what is the name?

Homemade...read description of how in above post...

Latest posts