Shuttle Bus at Pilot in Quartzsite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vgilbert

Reaction score
Hello All,
Have not seen a post about this and I am kinda dead in the water as far as driving at the moment.
I heard there is someone at Pilot in Quartzsite who is broke down. Story is they were having engine trouble and a "mechanic" who was passing through offered to help.....
As I understand the "mechanic" began to take apart the engine, got so far into the teardown, then left....... 
Being in a rough mechanical situation myself at the moment I want to go visit but cannot walk all the way out there.
Sometimes just knowing that someone cared enough to stop by can change things. Or maybe they need internet, phone, something small someone can help with to get the situation moving in the right direction.

There were a few of our group out in the long term areas maybe they can give you a ride.

Vgilbert I’m going to PM you. I have a commitment in the morning but I’m pretty sure we can make time to come get you. Send your coordinates.

I usually carry a round bright colored sticky notes and a pen so I can list possible contacts for help if nothing else this forum.

Went out again this afternoon and found the owner. They were able to find a mechanic to help and hope to be back on the road soon.  :thumbsup:

Cool. I should probably mention that I called a mobile mechanic when my wheel bearings took a dump. At the time I didn't know it was the bearings. I just knew I was shite out of luck. After I called him I pulled the wheel and found the problem. 

The mobile mechanic said he was in Parker at the time and that he'd call me back. He never did. A Google review awaits him