Shower & empty tanks for $5.00

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I don't know. Some state parks (I guess) seem to be picky only wanting people who pay for the campsites to have the extras...But I''ll check out the one near me and see how they play it.

Well, found out they allow anyone who pays (Day fee or yearly pass) to partake of the showers. So, tomorrow I'll hie thee to the showers and try them out...Yes, I know, I have footwear, I don't care how clean they look, I don't need a fungal infection right now.

Sometimes the best way to find out the facts, is to just ask the entity involved NOT THE INTERNET!

compassrose said:
Sometimes the best way to find out the facts, is to just ask the entity involved NOT THE INTERNET!

Yes yer majesty, I'll do that...Oh did you know they charge for the shower water? Fact...just paid $0.25 for a 7 minute shower.

No need to be snotty. But just asking was a simple thing that far too many won't do.

Where on earth is this park at? I have yet to be at a public park that charged for the shower water. I hope it's not a trend. What's next? A nickel to flush? Lends to new meaning to "nickel and diming".

If you have a Planet Fitness nearby, they are CHEAP and usually have nice facilities! I pay $20/mo for my membership and that includes free tanning beds and massage chairs and of course access to the gym and the showers 24/7!! It's a great deal IMHO. U can visit any PF anywhere once ur a member and it's month to month so no contract!

And since it's a 24-hr gym, you could probly stealth there for the night if ur smart about it!

Colorado State Parks charge for showers. Fees vary; I've seen minimum amounts of 50cents to $1. The parks are more expensive than Texas; $7-9 entrance. Pays to get a $70 year pass if you are going to visit several. Still by far the cheapest way to shower; some RV parks/campgrounds will let you shower for a fee. One here charges $6.
Have yet to see a charge for a shower in Texas. Have used a number of them and only paid the entrance fee. It is typical for parks that have a body of water for any park user to use the shower.

Parks here have the cold only outside ones...still i use it in warm months :D

At a Washington rest stop about 90 miles outside of Seattle on I-90. Free dump and potable water. We showered. Will eat lunch, dump, take on water, and be on our way to DH'S brother.