Show Us Your Pet

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here's a picture of my hairball Shrodinger, he's a strange cat, thinks he's a dog I believe, he follows me when I go on walks and he keeps up pretty good. Although you can tell when he gets tired of it, he starts flopping on the ground and lays there, and meows if I keep going, then he'll catch up and pull the whole routine over again until I finally pick him up, lol, yeah he's a character (not to be confused with having character, lol).

009_01.JPG

Well couldn't find a more recent one, that pic's about 2 yrs old when he was still just a youngster.

I'm not on the road yet but I am already worrying about when that day comes. He's been raised as an outdoor cat his entire life, in fact he was a wild kitty I rescued from a feral litter in a hollow tree. So I don't think he'll be happy couped up in a vehicle most of the time, in fact I'm pretty sure he'll be plain miserable. But even if I could let him out whenever I stopped somewhere, I'm afraid that he might get spooked and run off, then get lost not knowing the lay of the land.

That happened to the last cat I tried to take on the road with me about 8 years ago. TC was his nick name and he was also an outdoor raised critter. I started driving truck and so thought I take him with me one trip just to see if he'd like it. Well he didn't much care for it, meowed a lot and kept trying to get out. Then one night after making a delivery, as I went to check my paperwork with the guard at the warehouse gate, I guess I didn't slam the door closed and so must have been open a crack, but only for a minute and then I was back in ready to roll.

I left, but it only took me a couple of minutes to realize he wasn't there - he'd been bugging me just before we left, and so I noticed pretty quick that he wasn't in the truck, so I turned around and hauled ass back to the plant. I wasn't gone more than 5-6 minutes when I got back and jumped out looking for him. Told the guard what was up and he helped me search. I looked all around the grounds of that warehouse, and then up and down the street for blocks in every direction, but no luck. I was pretty bummed to say the least as TC was a really good cat as cats go.

It was after 1 am when I finally got back to the truck, so I just parked and stayed the night, then in the morning looked a little more. I left my information with the guard, a restaurant that was just down the street and a couple of businesses as well. I think some of those people thought I was nuts spending all that time looking for a lost cat, but then I felt I owed it to him seeings as how I had got him into that situation to begin with, and I felt responsible and really bad about letting him down. But TC was real friendly, a genuine people cat, smart too, so I figure he probably found himself a home, at least I'd like to think so.

So that's a conundrum I know I'm going to have to deal with in a couple of years when I finally pull up stakes and hit the road. I've thought about giving him to one of my friends, but not sure any could take him, but even if I could I'd hate to abandon him cuz he seems pretty well bonded to me (or it could be he just sees me as his food source and that's why he keeps an eye on me, lol). Yeah gonna be a tough decision either way...
;?D

Attachments

• 009_01.JPG
    009_01.JPG
    492.5 KB · Views: 34
SAM_0432.JPGThis is Coco, the love of my life. We haven't been separated for more than a few hours in the last 2 years. she is my world, as I am hers.

Attachments

• SAM_0432.JPG
    SAM_0432.JPG
    379.4 KB · Views: 34
This is Gunner. He's a rescue. Was told his people could not control him. He just needed to get out and run a little bit. He is a very calm dog now. Especially after an hour of Frisbee.
Gunner frizbee 1.jpg

Attachments

• Gunner frizbee 1.jpg
    Gunner frizbee 1.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 39
Here's a pic of my beloved Sunny. She camped with me for 28 wonderful years.
28uqxc3.jpg

Here's a pic of Skittles, our new camping bird - only once so far, but she took to it like a duck to water.
2wmowvp.jpg

qqefio.jpg

They look similar but have very different personalities. Skittles is a better talker and is only 1 yr old, but though Sunny spoke less she understood the meaning of works and could communicate effectively with her limited vocabulary - asking for water, pecans, permission to go outside, etc.. Skittles taught herself not to poop on us but flies back to her cage to relieve herself. Sunny learned to poop on command but would whit on us often. This has never happened with Skittles.

Chip

You're all very, very lucky to have such great companions!

A Seeker, Gunner is living proof of the old saying that a tired dog is a good dog!

I also stick to that philosophy!
Bob

this thread needed a bump. highdesertranger
2014 004.JPG

Attachments

• 2014 004.JPG
    2014 004.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 53
This is the new recliner I bought so I could watch tv comfortably. I've never used it. How many Poodles can you count?
IMG_0096.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
Bump
IMG_20150513_150033_zpsdcd6294f.jpg

Early this week these two just moved in with me full time,. The white one(80+lb female sibe/GSD) has issues with separation anxiety, even if I'm only one foot out of her reach she starts whining, so we have to work on that. The old one(male ~20lb 10+yr old mutt) is doing fine though.

Yes that is both a harness and collar on her, 80lb + husky escape artist mentality = risks can't be taken.

I was trying to read, and someone took exception to the fact I was not paying enough attention to him.

This is Tigger with his servant John  :cool:

Attachments

• jp photos 333.jpg
    jp photos 333.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 15
minimotos95 said:
Early this week these two just moved in with me full time,. The white one(80+lb female sibe/GSD) has issues with separation anxiety, even if I'm only one foot out of her reach she starts whining, so we have to work on that. The old one(male ~20lb 10+yr old mutt) is doing fine though.

Yes that is both a harness and collar on her, 80lb + husky escape artist mentality = risks can't be taken.

Have a beagle that was abused/bounced around as a puppy.  He has separation anxiety (5 years and counting).  Some dogs never get over it.  I wish you luck.  Let me know if you find something that works.

-- Spiff

Ok, but only because you asked..  ;)
2 Dogs-
Jasper   IMG_3769.jpg

and Miss K'ne  IMG_5701.jpgKne0313.JPG

IMG_3272.jpg2dogs1chair.jpg

Thankfully they are quite willing to 'stack' when necessary.  LOL

She didn't get to keep the pink tiara, she merely modeled it for a photo-  Sent it to a MasterSeargent friend of ours in Kuwait, as a Productivity Enhancing device.  ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3769.jpg
    IMG_3769.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5701.jpg
    IMG_5701.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3272.jpg
    IMG_3272.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 2dogs1chair.jpg
    2dogs1chair.jpg