Shenanigans - My Transit Tardis

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MakerBee3

Reaction score
Shenanigans is the name for my van, she is a 2019 Ford Transit Connect cargo van with a 24" fiberglass high top added. I have only had her a couple of weeks and only found this group/tribe a few days ago. I have begun my build but due to my handicap it will likely take me a long time to get her to a state where I can travel with her.

Why Shenanigans well if some one asks what I have been up to - Shenanigans. Why Transit Tardis well she a Ford Transit Connect and I want her to be bigger on the inside and to take me place.

img-3-960x.jpg
img-3-960x.jpg
img-7-960x.jpg
img-21-960x.jpg

Attachments

• img-3-960x.jpg
    img-3-960x.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 28
  • img-4-960x.jpg
    img-4-960x.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 14
  • img-7-960x.jpg
    img-7-960x.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 24
  • img-21-960x.jpg
    img-21-960x.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 19
Interesting. Are you able to stand up in it? And how has the high top affected mileage? Looks like a fun vehicle to travel in.

I have to say that I do not believe I have ever seen one of those tops.

I love the top. Ford ruined the Transit Connect after 2013 by chopping the roof way down, but you fixed it.

This really is a rarity!

I've never seen a non OEM high top for the Ford Connect (either version) and imagine that these are manufactured, supplied and fitted to allow a wheelchair passenger to enter the rear compartment.

This addition has hugely increased the practicality of this van without adding much extra weight.

I look forward to following your adventures aboard your lovely van.

Very nice !   Your very fortunate to have this nice van … wishing you the BEST on your new adventure !!!

:heart:

You have to paint it blue!
I'm going with grabber blue bedliner on my Transit (not connect)
One of my friends is already calling it the Tardis.

Vannautical engineer said:
Ford ruined the Transit Connect after 2013 by chopping the roof way down.

Yeah they did.  I'd have upgraded my 2010 TC to a newer model by now if they hadn't lost their minds and made it a regular mini van.  

To the original OP.  Interesting looking top.  Curious what it's done to the MPG's now that the aerodynamics have been lost.