Serendipity

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayaserrella

Reaction score
Sometimes things or situations just fall into your lap when you least expect it but need it the most.  I've been having a hard time deciding what to get rid of in preparation for my move to a friend's house.  Well, a co-worker at the hospital I work at just lost everything in a fire.  So I guess the decision is easier than I thought.  I'm going to be outfitting a basic kitchen setup for her.

It is easier to give up things when you know someone REALLY needs them more than you.  It only took about an hour to chuck everything she needs into a few boxes with no hesitation.  Several problems solved for me! 

What problems were solved this easy for you?

You have a great attitude. I seem to only realize things worked out fine years down the road. Knowing this, you'd think I'd learn... :cool:

If you can think of gifting to others when you donate to Salvation Army or Goodwill or a local thrift store (knowing others in need will get the "bargain" they need), more of the decisions might be easier.

But I totally get it about knowing the person who needs it. I've been clearing out 48 years of stuff from my parents' house little by little for a year. When I learned a senior citizen had asked for any sort of a sewing machine on the local Salvation Army Angel Tree, it was joyful for me to call them to come and pickup my mom's nice Singer machine in a nice cabinet.