See my new home!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi this is Tim & Shirley in Spokane, WA.  Here's my new home . . . it's a '78 Kit Companion.  No leaks, seems pretty solid.  All I need to do is repair table. make a new cover for the ceiling vent and check the electrical and make sure everything works! Only $1,200.  

0423180602.jpg

I can't wait to be free of the house & utility bills! Woo-Hoo

Attachments

• 0423180602.jpg
    0423180602.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
Nice catch, spread your luck over the road. I'm sure everything will check out. Make sure to check tires (dry rot), brakes and suspension!!!

ClassyGlobal said:
Nice catch, spread your luck over the road.  I'm sure everything will check out.  Make sure to check tires (dry rot), brakes and suspension!!!

It takes 15 inch tires and we plan on replacing all 4 before leaving!  I'll ask Tim about the brakes and suspension!  Thanks so much!  :D

This looks like it is going to be a great home. You will love the freedom not have a Rent or Mortgage payment will give you. If you Boondock and camp in reasonable campgrounds like we do you will spend $250 or less for camp spots. While RV living isn't free you sure get a lot more bang for your buck!

Exactly it's a pressure to live in a home, where you never can change the sideview any more. But this life style can be anywhere you want. Appreciated much and congrats for the new life journey...

I think for most people I know, not having to do so much to maintain the lawn and garden would be reason enough to be thrilled. It's at least a half-time job for many of them. An unpaid, sweaty, stoop labor job. Yecch! I can only think of one who doesn't complain about it.

Looks like it's in great shape from the outside. Congrats and good move on changing the tires.

One thing, it's a 1978 and plastics have changed a lot. I'd suggest getting a new FDA water tank and some new hoses for them.

Have fun on the road!

And wheel bearings. One of the best things about a well taken care of vintage RV is that there are no warranties to hinder any remodeling you may choose to do.