Second chance van build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally got home to Nm, to start my build in rainbow bread step van.
I have named it second chance van. Because almost every thing used will be used
And repurposed. Not every thing  but mostly.
I have acquired a camper size fridge, 12V or 110 ac or propane. (Used) but at a lumber
Store I found a larger fridge that is 110ac runs on .08 amps or 60 watts less then rv unit
I am think about a diesel air trucker heater . For heat.  I will be using harbor freight light switch’s
In three places. And Costco light LED light switches and panels
The van is still full of storage items 
Lots and lots more to come if you care fellow my build.

Step van? Step van! Where is your build? Photos? Photos! Sorry, I'm way too excited about step vans, haha.

Just a heads up I tried an 3 way refrigerator and a dorm fridge I was disappointed with both. For me they were a waste of money. I would be dollars ahead if I would have just got a 12v to begin with. Also I would not want to rely on anything from Harbor Freight to be reliable. Buy once cry once. Highdesertranger

What HDR said. I too have tried many different fridge combos over the years. Wish I had started with the efficient 12v fridge from the start. Also, are you sure about that 120v 0.08a fridge? That sounds like witchcraft.

I got to tell you that when my 11 year old battery bank finally gave out this winter that I was really glad that my fridge could run on propane. Options and backups are a good thing to have.

Latest posts