Seasonal work. Girls room

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxtonsgram

Reaction score
Hi. Did any of you get the book that cyndi posted, living the dream seasonal work?  I just started reading it. Haven't gotten very far. Just wondering what any of you that have done seasonal work thinks about her advice.
On a side note I started my first job in 25 years yesterday. I'm doing housekeeping for a small restaurant/b&b. I felt I needed to get some experience/reference in order to better get a seasonal job.  I'm hoping to eventually get some experience in the kitchen and waitressing. Do any of you have any advice on preparing oneself for a seasonal position?
Have a great day everyone. Nora

No advise on preparing. But while working, as you know it is seasonal, save every dime do you can have fun during the off season. Hope things go well.

Congratulations, I have no experience with this but I will follow along?

jaxtonsgram said:
Hi. Did any of you get the book that cyndi posted, living the dream seasonal work?  I just started reading it.

Just bought it.  Sounds interesting.
It was .99 on kindle, I couldn't resist.  I love book buying instant gratification :)

Sorry you missed the book when it was free. I finished it last night. I'm hoping I'll be able to do some seasonal work in 2018. Maybe in alaska, there are just so many places out there I would love to stay for awhile. I envy those younger that are starting earlier, wish I could have done that. Oh well, I'll just have to start as soon as I can. It's fun looking at what is available out there and dreaming. 
Nora

I wrote this for journal a couple weeks ago, don't know if it would be anything u would be interested in but I can see they would need people so many campgrounds, really different than Michigan, don't want to say they would take anyone, but

This is on 395 northern california

The host says he gets 500.00 a month and his free spot, he says he drinks beer in between every chore he does So I could save the 800.00 I'd pay in rent, get the 500.00 and 800.00, so 1300.00 and I wouldn't need to spend over 300.00 so could save a 1,000.00 a month.  

If I ever run low on funds and in need of a new vehicle, a few months of this I could do.  The vehicle does need to be self contained, he says he got his for 1,500.00 has had it for a year and no repairs.  This would be a good way for people starting out, that don't have a monthly check coming in.  I can see they would need people as there are so many of these campgrounds. He says there is very, very little he has to do.

Don't forget your savings since you don't drink beer! Remember, the more you don't drink, the more you save. Lol

Diane, absolutly, and all the money I save not doing stupid things after drinking the beer! Can't wait to go out and have fun with u all while u do drink! Silly Al's I hear at Quartsite? Thank u for visiting me, what fun we have!