screw down floor or float floor

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vagabound said:
Is somebody a closet boatbuilder? ;-)

Ha! Serving in Uncle Sam's fine Navy ruined any boat fantasies I may have had.

At my job, we use a lot of sikaflex in the repair of trailer bodies. It's excellent stuff. They make so many kinds though that you need to do your research to make sure you use the right one.

I built a log home using sikaflex in-between the log rows. That's one of the best products around. Logs not only expand and contract but they dry and form checks (cracks) the sikaflex worked perfectly for all the movement it experienced.

Fluffhead:  Your comment on research notwithstanding, based on your experience, if you had to narrow the choices down to 1 to 3 Sikaflex types that would serve 90-100% of the purposes for van/truck/RV buildout, what would you say?

Type "A" for "X" purpose
Type "B" for "Y" purpose
etc

vanman2300:  Do you remember which Sikaflex you used?

Vagabound

Vagabound said:
Fluffhead:  Your comment on research notwithstanding, based on your experience, if you had to narrow the choices down to 1 to 3 Sikaflex types that would serve 90-100% of the purposes for van/truck/RV buildout, what would you say?

Sikaflex 221 is the "jack of all trades". It is the only type I will need in my van build.

Sika has excellent customer service. If you call them and tell them what types of materials you are trying to bond, they will tell you what to use.

Fluffhead said:
Sikaflex 221 is the "jack of all trades". It is the only type I will need in my van build.

Sika has excellent customer service. If you call them and tell them what types of materials you are trying to bond, they will tell you what to use.

Great, thanks.  I know firsthand that Franklin, the company behind the Titebond family of products, has best-in-class customer service, but I haven't tried Sika yet.  Nice to know.

Vagabound