scooters and off road motorcycles

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well that's sure traveling light, if it gets stuck you can pick it up and carry it out  :D

Not sure how long it will work for me having a pup again, It will be with me when I come to AZ(cheating hitching a ride) and will get me back up to the rockies as it warms up. I'm thinking by summer I will switch to a small human/malamute drawn wagon and store the 50.
Need to look into getting the 50 to pull a wagon, legally that is. I doubt it's feasible.

Minimotos, I've often thought of building a BOB bicycle type trailer on steroids using a motorcycle front wheel to tow behind my KLR. With your 50 you could just use an actual BOB trailer and modify the hitch.

I spent days brainstorming., trying to figure out how to make it work, then departure time came and it just made more sense to get a wagon to pull with human power, especially since I was still waiting on the registration and the only way the puppy could do it would be on my lap.
Oh well, I'll have fun minibike adventures in the future.

I just picked up a KLR250 to carry on a hitch mounted carrier. Can't wait to get down the road.

Sailing VANessa said:
I just picked up a KLR250 to carry on a hitch mounted carrier.  Can't wait to get down the road.

awesome, perfect bikes for this stuff.

Sailing VANessa said:
I just picked up a KLR250 to carry on a hitch mounted carrier.  Can't wait to get down the road.

Great news, just an fyi, if you start noticing you don't have the power you used to, but the bike seems to be running fine, the 250s have a known issue of flattening their cam lobes. Doesn't happen to all of them, but it happens enough.