A Request on Debra's Behalf

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suanne

Reaction score
Earlier this week Bob Wells (CRVL site owner) made a blog post sharing Debra's dire situation.  At the time it was made, however, the link to her GoFundMe account was missing.  It's on there now.

I consider Debra a good friend and have seen, first hand, the positive effects on her health when living a quiet, stress-free life, in nature as a vandweller.  She is doing all she possibility can to slow or stop the loss of her abilities due to a traumatic brain injury (TBI), keeping herself out of a nursing home.

In fact, Debra (as tbivangirl) is a member of our forum, but finds it difficult to navigate due to her TBI, see --
https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-New-To-Big-Bad-Forum&highlight=debra

In case you haven't rechecked the blog after the link was added, or didn't know of Debra's situation, please click on this link to read that post where Bob shares his support and Debra confides many more details -- http://www.cheaprvliving.com/tribe/need-live-free-no-nursing-home/

And here is a direct link to Debra's GoFundMe campaign -- https://www.gofundme.com/nonursinghomefordebra .  She has made several more updates, beyond what is shared on the blog post.

As Bob said "I hope you all respond from your heart and give what is comfortable for you."  Thanks much for your consideration.

Suanne

Beautiful person, and a truly worthy cause. We are honored to help out.

Was happy to help Debra. I follow her on youtube. Hope to meet her one day.

She's almost there, so glad to see folks helping make her life a tiny bit easier.

jimindenver said:
Always enjoy her videos. Good luck

Just went and started watching a few more of her videos, what a kind soul.  Sure hope I get the chance to meet her one of these days.

I hope she'll get the funding she needs. It looks encouraging now.
It's good that the links are up there now, but there's one spot on bob's blog where it seems to lead to her login page, not the gofundme page that is linked above.
Fixing that link may help Debra get to the goal more quickly.
"I am asking for your help, through a GoFundMe Campaign (here), to maintain a stress-free lifestyle, in my van and in nature. In order to maintain this lifestyle, my van needs repairs and improvements."
It's there "here" where the link does not lead to the page .

I know there's more links in more spots and they are pointing to the correct page.

StrayCat said:
... there's one spot on bob's blog where it seems to lead to her login page, not the gofundme page ...

Thank you.  The link has been corrected.

Raven+Squid said:
We have extra build supplies from our van, extra buddy heater too. General delivery address??

Thank you for this Raven+Squid. My friends, B and C, are helping me with the mods. I don't need the buddy heater (thanks again), but B is wondering what the extra build supplies are. He says he needs to know that before he can know whether or not we can use what you have. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again.

Queen said:
Beautiful person, and a truly worthy cause.  We are honored to help out.

Gigi said:
Was happy to help Debra.  I follow her on youtube. Hope to meet her one day.

Every Road Leads Home said:
Having been through a debilitating illness myself I was glad to help out a little.  Looks like she may reach her goal!

jimindenver said:
Always enjoy her videos. Good luck

Queen said:
She's almost there, so glad to see folks helping make her life a tiny bit easier.

DuneElliot said:
Couldn't afford much but I donated a few dollars.

Queen said:
Just went and started watching a few more of her videos, what a kind soul.  Sure hope I get the chance to meet her one of these days.

YOU GUYS! I so needed these kind words, encouragement and support! Thank you so much! I am so blessed and very grateful. I hope I get to meet each of you one day to say thank you in person. See you down the road! With love and gratitude, db&n

If you can get your van to Pahrump Nv, I can get most of the van repaired. Ball joints don't cost much, it is the labor that adds to the price. I have use of my buddies shop and lift. PM me if you are interested.

Went to the Go fund me page. Was happy to help. It looks like you will make your goal.

Woo hoo, she made her goal!!! So happy for her.

Queen said:
Woo hoo, she made her goal!!! So happy for her.

Good deal. Nice that this has happened. Am sure the whole experience of fund raising has been an eye opener for her. Lots of kindness possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take it she also got to see people at their worst. Her recent video says people on Facebook gave her a bad time.

DannyB1954 said:
I take it she also got to see people at their worst. Her recent video says people on Facebook gave her a bad time.

It's the internet. Facebook and YouTube people trolls will eat her soul if she lets them. Don't engage. Don't respond. Delete bad comments if possible. Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk