Saying hi

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwalts

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm very excited to be a part of this tribe.   This is a path I have been moving towards for a long time but recent things have made me realize that the time has come for me to step out of my comfort zone and make this a reality.   I have yet to buy a van but have a good idea what I want and what I want to do with it.  I am a long time woodworker, maintenance man and all around handyman so I have a wide background of skills.  I also have a few things like 200 watts of solar panels and related equipment ready to put on the van when I get it.  

I like a mixture of being alone and having likeminded people around me, so I hope we meet;

sometime, somewhere out there.  :)

Jim

Welcome to the place life slows down.

Don't be to concerned with building your rig before you hit the road.
Once you make it here you may noticed there is every kinda rig you can imagine.
No one is any better than the other... Simply put, if it's your rig. It's your home.
Period.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Jim!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Jim!

Welcome from another newbie!

Even though I have a Sprinter, I'm loving learning what works and doesn't work for me and how I can make it more of what I want from this group.

Maybe if you come to the RTR, you can meet some like minded people and get some inspirtation for your Van, while your at it!

Looking forward to seeing you around.

Be all ways, kindly!
Candy

Hardest thing in my past life was taking the plunge, now all i think is Why did it take me so long.

Welcome, jwalts ...
I'm still piecing my exodus together too. Also a (soon to be former) skilled (jack-of-all) tradesman in maintenance, emphasis on logic controllers, HMI and electrical (but, master-at-none).
Now all I need to do is get the dang ducks to stay lined up so I can get out of Dodge! LOL!
See you around ... :)

offgrid1 said:
I hope that is my experience too, well the why did it take me so long part, not the hardest part.  lol
There is a level of fear with stepping into something so different.  But obviously many others have done it and it seems to be a widely loved way of life. 

NoMadYesHappy said:
NoMad,
At this point I'm more worried about my ducks dying off before I can get them all in a row.  When you're spending money without making it, it goes amazingly fast.  Still, I will get things worked out.  It just will take some doing.  I'm looking forward to meeting up with the good folks of this tribe.  I have some responsibilities I have to be faithful to for this winter, but I figure this spring to start putting something together. 

Welcome Jim!

As stated earlier in this thread, there will be on going various stage van builds at RTR Quartzsite and at other gatherings throughout the year as well. It's a great opportunity to meet folks, offer a helping hand and learn a thing or two in the process...