Santa Fe spot?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cherterr said:
Qxxx:
Good idea!
There should really be an annual photo contest with the theme "pet approved Homes", showing dweller pets in relaxed "this is MY Home" mode

That IS a good idea! :):)
Well Cher, you should be the one to start the "Pretty Little Faces - This is my Home" thread. You've got the 3, I'd have to get a picture of my neighbor's miniature dachshund, which is part chihuahua and with the chihuahua's disposition too, lol. It likes me but barks at everyone else. But cute as a button.

I think Rusty is saying: "Shut the darn window!!".

I warned in one of the posts it'd be getting cold in the mountains. Time to head south or at least to lower elevations. You might try the CGs along the reservoirs near Truth or Consequences. Very nice down there.

While in the area, you might check out Bandelier. Has a CG.
https://www.nps.gov/band/index.htm

I just drove through both the Riverside campground at Caballo Lake and Percha Dam and the sites with electric are now 100% reservation only. So if you want electric, you'll need to go online and make a reservation at $12 a shot. At Elephant Butte, 100% of Quail Run and Desert Cove are reservation only. There is only one first come/first served row at Lions Beach. These are all the electric sites only, all other campsites are non-reservation.

They probably changed the policy to get the additional $12 for each stay.

Edit: it's an extra $4/day for the hookups, on top of the daily camping fee or your annual pass ($225 out of state residents).
Ted

I got a knock at the Albertsons in Taos. I was told to move to the Walmart parking lot down the street. You can also hang out at the Rio Grande visitor center.

That’s if you’re ever in Taos.