Sand Smuggling & Homes on Land

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla and I created a lot of sand by driving over small rocks with the UTV. The Sahara Desert. The whole US great desert. Huge parts of Mexico, Australia Africa and Asia are sand piles. 

I refuse to give credibility in the form of you tube hits to those that base an argument on fallacies. I spent 6 years of higher education to know what the difference is between fact, opinion, and a manufactured situation. 

I have watched many great rivers in flood. They drag megatons of debris from the land, and deposit it into the seas.  The water turned this eventually into sand. 

At 15 minutes 25 seconds all I found were opinions stated as facts. Sorry I cannot see this as more than a humor piece for the gullible.

And Goodwill said:
Sand Smugglers
1 hour 44 min FULL version of 25 min documentary described up in #1 OP.

Please, if you have not watched either documentary & have a quick reaction or disbelief to the words I used in my description, I can't interpret & type explanations up for a full movie review of its topics, when you could watch the videos & then have a full understanding of what I originally wrote in OP as being true.
Thank you for understanding.

Peace.

No, I did not watch the documentary. Why? Because I'm on limited bandwidth, and I object to the trend that all information now is presented in the format of YouTube videos.

I did briefly Google search some of the phrases you used, such as "conflict sand," and found absolutely no accredited information (actually, no hits at all) on the phrase.

It seems to me that if this were an iminent crisis there would be more information than a YouTube video on the subject.

HDR and GotSmart fleshed out the rest of my thinking on the subject.

Now, how 'bout them activated almonds?

And Goodwill said:
Sand Smuggling, is a very real issue worldwide and has been for many decades. 
Sand is not in any way a renewable resource on Earth. 
Sand is a conflict resource, ...
(snip)
This is why, van/RV dwelling and giving up your home will help tremendously,
so that a new home doesn't have to be built. 
Sand is used in heavily in cement, it is what roads and cities are made of. ...
25 minute video on Sand Smuggling and planet Earth.
Sand Smuggling Worldwide
Let no one tell you different. Give them facts.

Recycle all our glass. Buying food or other things using glass, it can all be recycled. Most glass can be, if not all.

Peace.
Hi there,
I watched some of the longer video you posted, - & gotta ask:
What do you think of the likelihood that people in that video had an AGENDA..., as the facts don't stack up.
and
That therefore, you jumped to some erroneous conclusions, also not based in fact.
See, because the FACTS are quite a bit different.

Further since an endless amount of SAND continues being used, for hospitals, roads, bridges, & yes houses-on-land...
then
how could a few 1000 vandwellers begin to have any, even negligible, impact ?

and as you add "peace" to your responses, I too wish for you peace :) peace-of-mind... increasingly ;)

Annie W said:
and as you add "peace" to your responses, I too wish for you peace
At first, before I began studying geology and learned of the over dredging of sand and its ecological impact, I too believed there was an AGENDA, and then I met a few good men, and then I learned different. I had to overcome my thoughts of agendas as well, but what I learned is they actually do care about our planet and what they do, is try to raise awareness. Bob Wells, has also said same things on planet benefit of vandwelling versus the ecological impact of living in a home.
I wish peace, for all too.

BTW Annie, how did my help go for uploading photos into posts? Did it help you?

And Goodwill said:
BTW Annie, how did my help go for uploading photos into posts? Did it help you?
Um, you sorta misunderstood my question, so that long post you wrote, made that thread veer more off, but all that is Off-topic for your thread here.

West Texas would be a great place to smuggle sand from; we'd never know it was gone!!!!!!!!!

No, you wouldn't miss the sand. Remove enough sand in coming years, WTX communities might notice more flooding like the other lowlands of TX seem to experience.

I think the sea level rise claim is because of sand that is removed from land. They spend a bunch of time talking about a forest in Germany that has been cut down to get at the pure sand underneath.

I didn't make it all the way to the end of the video. I'm not really sure what the call to action is here other than reusing/recycling glass and buying less things in general because it's used in everything.

2017 Texas New Gold Rush 80 Million tonnes of Sand used in USA for fracking, projecting 120 Million tonnes of sand for fracking 2018 in USA, the new TX's Silica GOLD according to Wall Street Journal (Stockmarket) 
Silica, the new Texas GOLD Rush 

Shifting Sands from there to here to there worldwide. WTX has already begun Sand mining, but you won't miss it? Soon, they'll sell WTX Sand elsewhere. Land with Sand has been bought up in WTX by Sand Investors, 1,226 acres of what was once popular Dune Buggy trails, now gone bye. And that is just one parcel. Sahara Desert sand cannot be used in fracking or construction or mfg'g.

Like killings called Conflict Diamonds, the Sand mafias have been killing people over Sand. Relatively speaking, Conflict Sand would be where the Sand trade causes killings which causes Conflict. 
2015's The Deadly Global War for Sand via WIRED

Sand stocks & investing began decades ago.
I've articles going back to 1970 & have followed stock markets on Sand mining & dredging. 

Someone ante'd up 6 yrs of something, I'll triple that bet of 6 and add a bonus mystery of 8 auditing on the side.

Dang. Sand mafias now. People killing over sand. I'm gonna go start pounding rocks and make my own counterfeit sand.

Annie W said:
Um, you sorta misunderstood my question, so that long post you wrote, made that thread veer more off, but all that is Off-topic for your thread here.
Allie, In response to above, here, where you brought it up rather than there, I had since requested that my offensive "'help"' post to be deleted, if it hasn't, it should be deleted soon if the mods are still tracking my posts & my request to delete it, "Who's Online" shows they are, and going from one of my posts to the next. In fact, it shows everything one does here, from logging in to writing or reading PMs & what post everyone is reading & then some. We're family, the mods are my new big brothers, I love 'em too. They'll likely delete this too.
I thought wrong, I thought I could help. Gee, I'm so sorry, if I offended you with my -

this thread has nothing to do with living in your vehicle. therefore I am closing it. yes I know I posted in it. highdesertranger

Status
Not open for further replies.