Samlex products.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need Automatic, absolutely no question about that personally.

I also am willing to "go overboard" on maximizing bank lifetime, so I need to spend more money on infrastructure, and especially time figuring things out.

Maybe not strictly "economically rational", but currently something I enjoy.

Putting battery monitors "in charge" with relay switches, maybe running a vanilla power supply through a good solar controller, looking at SC which are designed to integrate with monitors. . .

All good fun.

My automatic ProNauticP does it right. It was up to me to set it up at the beginning. It is up to me to use it when my batteries need it. It cost $381.01 with sales tax in 2015.

John61CT said:
I need Automatic, absolutely no question about that personally.

I also am willing to "go overboard" on maximizing bank lifetime, so I need to spend more money on infrastructure, and especially time figuring things out.

Maybe not strictly "economically rational", but currently something I enjoy.

Putting battery monitors "in charge" with relay switches, maybe running a vanilla power supply through a good solar controller, looking at SC which are designed to integrate with monitors. . .

All good fun.

I thought we had the discussion where it's not a good idea to run a PS through a CC due to PWM?

I'm liking the Samuel chargers after reading the manual again.  

I like that I can change the settings so as to disable the third stage  when charging and using appliance loads, perhaps while at the campground.  

When the rig is stationary in the driveway for weeks at a time, a simple change back to three stage keeps the battery(its) happy.  

It has multiple outlets.  This is good because I would be able to keep the small aux AGM thats wired to factory charging via the alternator (with isolation relay) and a second aux battery thats more for appliance loads and backed up with solar. having a switch on the appliance load pos lead off the battery will allow me to go back to three stage.

It has  built in amp gauge but I'd prolly follow SW's lead with another CT type amp gauge for remote meter location.  

I'll sleep on it but I am liking these.