Safety and Income

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddaba

Reaction score
As women, we face certain challenges making money on the road.
I am giving up my apartment at the end of this month and am going to try living in my camper van.
In addition to my disability income, I usually make money selling things at music festivals. Back in the day, I did Dead tour, but those days are long past, and I am unfamiliar with life on the road now.
I also write and design websites for online clients.
I know I will probably be visiting areas where I have to get temp jobs to supplement my income.
Does anyone have any suggestions about the types of jobs that are safest and how to go about getting them?

Hi ddaba! Welcome to the forum.

I don't understand why or how a job would be more or less safe, because you're living in a van. The only difference I can come up with is that you may not want people to know you're living in a vehicle.

I know quite a few people (women included) who full time and do code, build and design websites to supplement their income, on the road. I don't imagine getting the work is any different from what you do now.

I do house/pet and farm sitting for extra income.

Technomadia has some written some great articles on all aspects of living on the road, including income. Check them out!
http://www.technomadia.com/