safety and fake news

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't checked in lately and find that I have upset some people with my comment. For that I apologize.

What I wrote was an attempt at sarcasm aimed at the "fake news" element of the thread title. If you remember back to the early stages of the pandemic there were many in high places that refused to follow safe practices and made public  pronouncements that the virus was a hoax.

A neighbor of mine WAS a vocal follower of this theory UNTIL he AND his wife tested positive. Although neither of them ended up needing hospitalization it was a weeks long, life changing ordeal for them. They both got their vaccinations at the first opportunity and became advocates for safe practices.

I have several friends who have contracted the virus and one friend's mother passed away in a nursing home. I've been vaccinated and still wear a mask in public.

Once again to all, apologies for the misunderstanding. Stay safe.

Guy

I really miss the face to face interactions with people. It's too hard to handle the shallowness of online interaction for me. I've become very opinionated, like I "caught" the news-virus, the worse virus of all. More propaganda or sensationalism to push our buttons, scare us, separate us, or give us false hope. It's the very young I think about the most. I think being older has given me enough wisdom to know BS when I see it.

My son, my daughter, my daughter-in-law, my ex-wife and her husband all got COVID at the same time. Fortunately my kids and daughter-in-law came through it relatively ok with only a few lingering symptoms. My ex-wife's husband on the other hand spent several weeks in ICU on a ventilator before they ultimately pulled the plug. My ex-wife is still vehemently and vocally anti-mask and anti-vax. So even when it's right in your face and close to home I guess for some denial isn't just a river in Egypt. I got both my shots as soon as they were available and I generally don't like being around a lot of people anyway these days so lock-down wasn't much of a change for me and I've had no problems even though I have one or two medical issues that put me in a higher risk category. Is what it is I guess.

Just would point out the glaring obvious point here. This post was made to highlight the misinformation/disinformation by GOVT agencies and media regarding the supposed booby trapped fuel cannisters.

ANYONE who thinks media or govt is 100% honest, accurate or forthcoming is living in a fantasy.
But hey.. at least there are reruns of Lawrence Welk to soothe the butthurt.

ahhh good ol days..

LOL!!  Yes, there are crooks in every profession, group, and basically, I try to believe there is something (Someone) with more power in the Universe ;)  I just hope it doesn't look like Predator and come from Uranus!  Bigger than that definitely ;)

Thanks for letting us know, Guy.

I usually have a good sense of sarcasm and cynicism and all that to go with my sick sense of humor. But I found I've lost being able to sense sarcasm over the last year when it comes to Covid. I have a hair trigger there.

Where are the moderators when you really need them?

This is one thread worthy of deletion.

66788 said:
Where are the moderators when you really need them?

This is one thread worthy of deletion.
Why?
Nobody is attacking anyone. I've certainly seen far worse in threads discussing grey water and poo.

Better to not attend than ban every discussion we don't like.

for sure it veered a bit..lol

I enjoy contrary thought. It keeps me on my toes.

Canisters to covid and everything in between..

:)

I deleted a couple of posts. come on, the F bomb, really.

I have left this open because it really hasn't broke any rules up to this time. Close but no cigar.

I would like to remind everyone that if you quote a post that is obviously going to be deleted your post will be deleted too.

So to recap lets keep it on subject with living on the road.

Highdesertranger

I guess there was a huge flair up after my response. Guess I missed it which is good and bad I suppose. Sorry if I stepped on someones toes.