safety and fake news

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert_sailing

Reaction score
Saw an alert in our regional news this morning regarding gas cans placed in Idaho forests rigged to ignite if picked up.

https://lcvalley.dailyfly.com/Home/...53/Potentially-Dangerous-Situation-Developing

I was busy and didn't vhave time to post the above link. There was a couple additional articles about it and even an alert from the State.

It now appears that it was all FAKE news!!

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/northwest/idaho/article252431633.html

So tired of people, news reporters and govts spewing rumours and engaging in fear mongering. 

I never read Facebook and am amazed at how people love sharing the $hit they eat.

I am so glad that I didn't share this earlier. Who knew local newspapers would use Facebook as a source for informing the public of danger.

even more appalling is that I see some official public safety outlets STILL haven't retracted their warnings.. Imagine that.. a govt entity not wanting us to know the truth.

You can define the word politics by dividing it. Poly is Latin for many and ticks are bloodsucking creatures. Many bloodsucking creatures. I too am tired of fake news and stupid politicians and bureaucrats. I have not listened to the news since the election. The fake news on Covid it’s a palling. They don’t Let their right hand know what their left hand is doing. I just don’t see a solution for it except to stay in away from the news broadcasting trying to live independent. I’m sure that one of these days They find a way to tax nomads and van dwellers or shut us down. With three hospitalizations in the last year I’ve had to do gooders try to shut me down and get me into a senior living apartment or something. They find out I’m living in a van and send the social workers out to help. I hope I’m dead before they find a way to control us.

Sorry I didn't mean to wander down that path. My intent was to inform those who may have seen this contradictory info put out by officials and others in the community.

Just a heads up if you do or do not come across an unattended gas canister.

I understand I got to political but Your article lit my fire. If I got to political HDR will cut it out.

My problem with this is now they have planted an idea into some sick person head.

"The news used to tell us that something happened, and we had to decide what to think about it.
Now the news tells us how to think about something, and we have to decide if it really happened."

fear mongering
get on 'my personal agenda' only to profit my cause only
how politically incorrect are you and how dare you
everyone in every person's business on such a personal level
what if this, what if that, what insane predictions might happen ALL fuel the fire of crazy out there........but it is what it is

it is insanity out there and I run from it truly....being older, I know....I see it, ain't for me and won't ever be for me, I can still think for myself, and ya know what? alot of other's don't like that HAHA too darn bad HA

Yes!

It's hard to believe that there are people that still believe the Covid-19 Hoax.

Guy

I guess many people no longer physically interact with people and actually go to locations to see things for themselves. The internet has created the means for people to create virtual realities and they can make a virtual life that reflects what they want life to be or suits their agenda. Every person forms their beliefs based on what they see and hear. When all you look at and hear is from the internet and discussing it with only people that agree with you that also got their information from the internet without going out and physically assessing the situation for yourself by volunteering in a hospital, working a disaster or comforting and helping those left behind you are simply being lazy and deceived because of it. If you are going to voice an opinion on something make sure it is based on something you have physically experienced and make sure those you are listening to have physically experienced it with you as well. I used to listen to veterans talking about their service at the VA hospital while waiting for appointments. It always amazed me the different way they felt about the overall mission during their assignments but still agreed about the conditions in which they served and the respect they showed each other because they had physically been there together. I guess all this is to say there are a lot of good people out there but many are just being lazy and refuse to physically become involved before spouting an opinion. Please if you are going to voice an opinion on something make sure it is based on personal experience. There is a lot of advice given here about cheap RV living and attending the RTRs and seeing the results and hearing experiences of people have made it possible to form much better opinions to make much better decisions than anything ever offered over the internet. I just wish we would become as involved with the rest of the issues we have opinions and advice about before voicing them. Voicing an opinion on the internet is nothing like letters to the editor used to be in newspapers, I sure wish it was. I guess I would like to thank all the moderators and individuals that serve to insure information here is offered to help and inform in that sprit which makes it unique on the internet. Thank You.

gsfish said:
Yes!

It's hard to believe that there are people that still believe the Covid-19 Hoax.

Guy
[quote pid='542063' dateline='1624977731']

--------------------------------------------------------
If you believe COVID-19 is a hoax then I invite you to visit California where they've had a 500% increase of Delta variant infections.

[/quote]

gsfish said:
Yes!

Guy

I had Covid in January.  My ex-husband, my kids' beloved father, died of it last August.  What hoax?

it's certainly not a hoax but many are reading "fake news" and think theirs is the non-fake variety...

Is there a fake variety? Are people faking having Covid?

a fake variety of news is what i was talking about, and the people that think Covid is a
hoax are watching it!

99.2 % of 18000 COVID deaths last month in the USA were non vaccinated individuals, carry on

Reminds me of something I recently read in Roughing It, by Mark Twain. This was at the end of chapter 42. At the time he was working at his first newspaper job at the Virginia Daily Territorial Enterprise in Virginia City, Nevada.

"When I learned, through his short and surly answers to my cross-questioning, that he was certainly going on and would not be in the city next day to make trouble, I got ahead of the other papers, for I took down his list of names and added his party to the killed and wounded. Having more scope here, I put this wagon through an Indian fight that to this day has no parallel in history."

"My two columns were filled. When I read them over in the morning I felt that I had found my legitimate occupation at last. I reasoned within myself that news, and stirring news, too, was what a paper needed, and I felt that I was peculiarly endowed with the ability to furnish it. Mr. Goodman said that I was as good a reporter as Dan. I desired no higher commendation. With encouragement like that, I felt that I could take my pen and murder all the immigrants on the plains if need be and the interests of the paper demanded it."

Apparently fake news is nothing new.

At the beginning of the next chapter he wrote:

"However, as I grew better acquainted with the business and learned the run of the sources of information I ceased to require the aid of fancy to any large extent, and became able to fill my columns without diverging noticeably from the domain of fact." [emphasis mine]

nothing is new with mankind LOL
from day 1 it is lying, greed, jealousy, profit, fear mongering and control and power....the cavemen did it too LOL

We SO could have gone the other way but we as a species choose not to go that way....except for those who try of course in life to put the humanity in humankind :) Thank heavens for some out there right? :)