Ryobi Heater

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just want to make sure you realize, that it is a propane heater. highdesertranger

Ahhh... I must have read the descriptions and reviews a dozen times and thought it had a built in heating element that ran on electricity. That would have been a novel idea. Thanks!

Yeah, not something you'd wanna use indoors...

ZoNiE said:
Yeah, not something you'd wanna use indoors...

Of course you'd use it indoors...heating up a building or room during construction or a even a small to midsize shop.

Heaters similar to this are also used on loading docks during cold weather. 

You would NOT use it in living space or where you sleep.

(obviously a 1# propane bottle wont run it very long but a 20# tank with adapter would easily run it long enough to heat up a larger room)

yeah someone made the same assumption last year. so I was giving you a heads up.

I say this all the time but because the question comes up so much I will keep repeating it.

heating with electricity is very inefficient. it takes huge amount of electricity to heat anything. weather you are trying to heat a room, cook dinner or make toast. unless you have a huge solar array and battery bank, or plug into the grid, or run a generator it ain't going to work.

highdesertranger