Rubber Tramp Locations

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waydeboz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this Forum. My name is Wayde, recently disabled due to a back injury. I moved out of my apartment and into my Lance 835 Truck Camper. Tired of paying rent. I am 59 and currently live where ever I want to  :D 
It looks as though I will be disabled and not working for a while and would like to do some boondocking and socializing with like minded people. 
I have watched several of Bob Well's and others youtube videos and am very happy to become part of your community. What an awesome lifestyle. 

My Question: I am located in Reno, Nv. and would like to know where would be a good place this time of year to join a group of Rubber Tramps.
I would prefer to keep my travels on the west coast and would like to avoid the heat of the southwest. I know that a great deal of you Nomads follow a circuit and would like to join in at least for a week or so? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Welcome Wayde to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. I moved your thread to the "Newcomers corner" you can start another one in the gatherings if you want. highdesertranger

Welcome Waydeboz. A lot of people head to the high country of AZ, NM, and CO. Probably because a lot of them stay in Southern AZ in the winter. I live in Pahrump NV and have never been to Idaho, so that is where I will soon be heading.
There is only one RTR and that is in January but a number of people do gather in small groups throughout the Year.

Welcome, Wayde! I haven't run into anyone else from this site yet, though in the last few months I have run into people that are full-timers. Once I was at a rest area and heard two women discussing the life and I was just about to introduce myself when one woman said to the other something about parking as far away from strangers as possible. Suddenly it didn't feel like a very social situation. Hope you have better luck.