RTR Seminar Schedule 2016

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
akrvbob said:
You are totally welcome to sell your art here!

As far as getting a job here in Quartzsite during the RTR, I think you will be too late. They are likely hiring now and last month, by the time of the RTR they will probably be all full up.
Bob

Bob, do you think she could set up somewhere down the road where all the big activity is and sell? So many of those people have homes besides their RVs and would have space for art work. Since I've never been to Quartzide I don't know how it works with the booths and such.

I know it could be hard to sell to the rtr folks because of space. I know when I'm out I don't want anything extra in my camper that could take up even a dimes worth of space.

Cammalu said:
Bob, do you think she could set up somewhere down the road where all the big activity is and sell? So many of those people have homes besides their RVs and would have space for art work. Since I've never been to Quartzide I don't know how it works with the booths and such.

I know it could be hard to sell to the rtr folks because of space. I know when I'm out I don't want anything extra in my camper that could take up even a dimes worth of space.
That might work I appreciate you brain storming. If I make it I'll try small pieces and maybe also paint on a canvas sheet. It's lighter weight and can be pinned up with tacks. If I can't make it when is the next gathering?

Bob, if you can fit a dream catcher making class in, go ahead. My socia!l schedule being what it is, ant time will work. An hour should do it,

Bob, 

I have to add a panel to my van.  I can save it for the solar seminar on the 9th if needed.   :-/

Snow is due here, so I would really rather wait until I am somewhere warm.  :cool:

John

Cammalu said:
Bob, do you think she could set up somewhere down the road where all the big activity is and sell?  So many of those people have homes besides their RVs and would have space for art work.  Since I've never been to Quartzide I don't know how it works with the booths and such.

I know it could be hard to sell to the rtr folks because of space.  I know when I'm out I don't want anything extra in my camper that could take up even a dimes worth of space.

One of the main draws of Quartzsite in the winter are the hundred of vendors tents so I'm sure you could pay for one and there are an unbelievable number of people coming here who want to spend their money!! And yes, you're right many of them have homes in Phoenix, Vegas, Yuma, Palm Springs, LA and So Cal (all within a few hours drive) so they are looking for home things as much as RV things.

You might have a problem if you try to set up outside of pay areas--I don't know. You'd think the people who are paying wouldn't be happy with people who aren't paying getting their customers

Maybe contact the Chamber of Commerce and ask them
Bob

dragonflyinthesky said:
Bob, if you can fit a dream catcher making class in, go ahead. My socia!l schedule being what it is, ant time will work. An hour should do it,

I'm sure you mean you want to lead people in how to make one. The problem might be that people need materials and tools. If they don't have them, they can't do anything but watch.

When Cheri teaches wire-wrapping, she provides all the material and tools and people leave with a piece of jewelry. 

I'll leave it up to you, if you want to do it I'll schedule it.
Bob

GotSmart said:
Bob, 

I have to add a panel to my van.  I can save it for the solar seminar on the 9th if needed.   :-/

Snow is due here, so I would really rather wait until I am somewhere warm.  :cool:

John

John that sounds great and would work really well. Thanks!
Bob

I've been sitting at the river making up little supply kits for the past few days. I can accommodate up to a dozen people.
Bob Dickerson said:
We are all going to be old and feeble one day.I would advise anyone to have a small parcel of land with water and septic to live on.If there are no structures on the land the taxes can be very low.

akrvbob said:
I'm sure you mean you want to lead people in how to make one. The problem might be that people need materials and tools. If they don't have them, they can't do anything but watch.

When Cheri teaches wire-wrapping, she provides all the material and tools and people leave with a piece of jewelry. 

I'll leave it up to you, if you want to do it I'll schedule it.
Bob

Hi Bob  Are you going to have the dog grooming seminar? I was really looking forward to that one. Thank you !ryegal

As I'm sure you're all aware of, my beloved Michigan State Spartans are playing in the Cotton Bowl new years eve, on their march to a national championship.  I'm going to the Cotton Bowl to see them, and from there (Dallas) I'll be going to Anaheim California.  So, I'll be passing through Arizona, and (likely) be attending the RTR.  While I'm there, I'll be doing a beginning harmonica seminar.  I can teach anyone how to play harmonica in less than a minute.  I promote harmonica for the health benefits.

Facts:
1) The most accurate indicator known of longevity is pulmonary function.  Measure your pulmonary function, and you'll know how long you have to live.
2) Harmonica players have better pulmonary function than any group of people measured.
3) I can teach anyone how to play in less than one minute.

I'm involved with a company that is importing harmonicas from China, and I'll have some excellent harmonicas available at absurdly low prices.  I don't do this to make money, I do it for fun, and to benefit my fellow humans.  I'll have several different priced harmonicas available.

You'll know me, I'll have the big sprinter van and pigtails.  See you there!

ryegal said:
Hi Bob  Are you going to have the dog grooming seminar? I was really looking forward to that one. Thank you !ryegal

No, that depends on having a person to teach it and the person who was going to do it last year didn't make it nor is she going to make it this year, so it won't happen.

I wish it would, I really looked forward to it as well!
Bob

GotSmart Wrote: Bob said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I have to add a panel to my van.  I can save it for the solar seminar on the 9th if needed.   [/font]
undecided.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Snow is due here, so I would really rather wait until I am somewhere warm.  [/font]
cool.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]John[/font]

akrvbob
John that sounds great and would work really well. Thanks!
Bob
Who is doing the Solar Seminar?

I would like to coordinate with them so we are on the same page.   

John

Oh crud, this thing doesn't start until Jan. 5th?!  :-/  I thought it started on the 1st.  Well, so much for making the first couple of days this year. 
I'm off work 'till Jan 4th and thought maybe I could at least swing by for the first couple of days/seminars, but I guess that's not going to happen now.  :(
There's always next year..  
[/quote]

Alas, it looks like I won't make it to RTR after all, but my reason is excellent: I'm becoming a full-time vandweller and putting my house on the market. After traveling for more than three months along the East Coast in Kennel (my conversion), I'm ready to take the plunge. I need to dispose of my last extra junk, finish up Kennel's cabinetry, and get my house freshly painted and squeaky clean, then listed by the realtor. Not much to do altogether, but I don't expect to leave South Texas until later in January. I was really looking forward to meeting ya'll, putting faces to Forum handles, but that'll have to wait until 2016, unless I meet up with a few of you here and there on the road.

And let me add: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Binxie - there will still be a lot of people hanging around the area in late January so if you get everything done and hit the road, come on down! Ask around to see where everyone has moved - some will be at Ehrenberg, some down by Yuma and others scattered all around the desert.