RTR location? what is going on?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seminole Wind

Reaction score
can we get an update as to what is going on and why the location has not been posted. i saw where it has been said "waiting on the BLM" but why is that? what happened. bob stated a long ways back that this years RTR was going to be in a new spot, just a short distance away and that it was all picked out and BLM was good with it.

but now i am hearing all sorts of rumors, from canceled, or a new spot or even that it will be at same spot as the WRTR.

i understand there might not be a confirmation yet but i only think it is fair to let us know what is going on, ESPECIALLY if there is a problem, so we can plan and figure out what we are going to do. with limited access to internet once i head down. i dont want to be chasing ghosts trying to find it

33.649045, -114.145593 for those on limited bandwidth or don't want to watch a long video.

It's close to the old RTR and it's on BLM land that requires a special permit (normally no camping allowed in that section). Bob said because it's a special permit, there will be more rules and those rules will be enforceable by the rangers. One of the rules is that there will be a dedicated quiet time from 10 until the morning, so this time no generators after 10 (last year there was someone staying in the RTR area that ran their genny all night and that is apparently allowed in the 14 day areas, even though that didn't sound right to me). The great news is that the old RTR area is really close to the new area (walkable) and so people who want less rules can park there (we probably will).

Yikes... I'm typing all this and forgot that there is a nifty automatic transcript function in Youtube! ;) See here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xyo7HApKUItaILisl0tQ_oKwJ_KwB9PkLVrfTXDMh78/edit?usp=sharing

thanks for the link. good to finally know.

right before posting i checked bobs site and under gatherings it still said TBA, then i searched youtube for RTR location but didnt come up with that.

hope they can update the website and make it easier to find

BLM is exerting its muscle. Waiting to see how many people gripe about the micromanaging. It's quite understandable given how huge this event has become. Not that I partake, but the veiled threat (BLM's, not Bob's) warning those who use MJ, especially medicinally, irks me.

No official update or announcement on this forum and CRVL gatherings page not updated. Hmmm.

Is the only official information source watching 30 minute YouTube videos?

GraceinMotion said:
Not that I partake, but the veiled threat (BLM's, not Bob's) warning those who use MJ, especially medicinally, irks me.

It's federal law, and it has always applied to people camping on federal land. Until the law is changed, it's just a risk you run. Will BLM folks be actively patrolling? I dunno, but best to assume they will be. It's clear that they are determined to keep the RTR from getting out of hand.

GraceinMotion said:
BLM is exerting its muscle. Waiting to see how many people gripe about the micromanaging. It's quite understandable given how huge this event has become. Not that I partake, but the veiled threat (BLM's, not Bob's) warning those who use MJ, especially medicinally, irks me.

when in rome... it is there land, there laws and they have every right to enforce them. i would much rather be reminded aheaad of time then to find out at the last min as i am getting cited

also i think they are making a push so this doesnt turn into a burning man.

the law enforcement presence last year was minimal. unless something drastically changes i doubt there is going to be any unwarranted issues with law enforcement

In the video Bob don't make the rules , since its a no camping spot. But it has regular campsite rules. Such as quite time 10pm to 8am. And if you break the rule they call the BLM Ranger and they come kick you out . That's going to be one reason a lot of people stay at last years spot, So I have heard.

Wonder if they will be bringing dogs thru

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are dogs everywhere, whats a few more? At least theirs will be on the required leash and they will pick up their poop! LOL!!!

This guy just posted a video on the new RTR location. BLM just cut an access road in there recently. Looks pretty iffy to me, drive your rig through 2 deep washes with trees in the sides. One main way in and out of the main area? Strange. Maybe someone can figure it out. ???

-

One single lane in and out, gonna be some traffic jambs going through that wash.

Bob's live YouTube broadcast is today (Sunday, 16 December) as 2:00 Pacific Time. He will have his RTR staff with him to answer questions.