RTR critical online videos

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD GUMBEE

Reaction score
sitting on a river-bridge playing the banjo...
Is a ten second interaction with an over-tired volunteer really worth 20 minutes of video time?

Why not make a formal complaint, so they get attitude adjustment...or removed from duty?

(It might make a little more sense than whining about it like a manipulative 5th grader.)

Take your pick. There are a load of "RTR drama" videos posted. Do a search.

If there is an abrasive personality there causing issue, deal with it instead of whining on YT and feeding the trolls.

That is what I'm talking about.

If anyone has time to watch that stupid stuff they for sure do not have enough to do.

The Dire Wolfess

Drama is what feeds most of those you tube types.

Critical onine video is an oxymoron

In the comments section of the video's tell them to put on their own gathering instead of whining.

As always, I never watch any YouTube vids of vandwellers. I'm too busy vandwelling. I don't need to watch other people do it.

(shrug)

I don't have the patience to watch many YouTubers but I do skim through the transcripts occasionally and I have checked to see what everyone is saying about this year's RTR. I found very few negative videos and even those are pretty mild - complaints about rules, little disagreements with some of the volunteers, complaints that the seminars weren't what they expected, etc. We've been on site since a day before the RTR started and everything is running very smoothly. The volunteers are doing a great job. I've asked a few volunteers about the complaints and their stories do not match the YouTubers , so take what you see on videos with a grain of salt.

I totally agree with Karen and as a volunteer I can tell you that we've had some pretty weird rude stuff thrown (verbally... :rolleyes: ) at the volunteers.

I watched one person today do a Nazi salute and yell 'Zeig Heil' at a volunteer because he wanted to walk through instead of around the staff camping area which is roped off. First he hopped the caution tape within 2 feet of the gate opening which was staffed and then got mad when asked if he needed help.

And don't even ask about the complaints about not allowing dogs to be on the free tarps and in the button booth. One of the volunteers actually had her shoes peed on by a dog at the WRTR so we made the button booth a dog free area. Last year some stuff on the free tarp became trash because of dogs peeing on it so it too became a dog free area.

Geez maybe I should find someone to do a YouTube video from a volunteers prospective. Naah, not worth it! Besides, we're too busy volunteering  our time to whine about stuff!

You sell views via controversy. Youtube as well as potentially any other website/media outlet. These days it's the politics of outrage, but a lot of it is manufactured dissent.

JD GUMBEE said:
If there is an abrasive personality there causing issue, deal with it instead of whining on YT and feeding the trolls.

perhaps the " abrasive personality" IS the youtuber? many of these "youtubers" content is so weak they can only get views by creating their own conflict and drama. so sad

i have been here at RTR since the day before they allowed us in. In every interaction i have seen with staff and volunteers they have done an excelent job to provide a solution to what ever conflict it was. but sometime these youtubers have no desire for a resolution. if they cant find the drama, they create it or even just make it up so they can whine on youtube

X2 for lenny!
I so agree with that post!
My life is way to busy to follow vids on vandwelling and events. I am too busy living my life.
Only time I did vids when I started researching wanting to live this way of life and how some did it and got some info...after that....no use watching vids on whining or giving up my precious time to entertain this nonsense out there on the internet. No, I won't go off and watch some just cause you mentioned them :) :)

RoamerRV428 said:
No, I won't go off and watch some just cause you mentioned them :) :)

^^^that is not the intent of me mentioning it, BTW.

I wanted a comment that people won't be able to edit...(like they did instantly when I deluged them on YT.)

P.S.
HOBOTECH was one of the highlights with his live feeds for Mrs G and I. (Thanks Bro!) (Long live The lighted pole!)
^^^Now these...if you have the time, might be worth a view.^^^
In ten years, when some of those faces are not around, they will become very valuable to many. Thanks again HT!!

oh I know that wasn't your intent at all :) I so get that!
it was my thoughts as I thought, more vid. whining. more vid. nasty. more Utube insanity. ain't going there ever

I just down vote them, tell 'em how parasitic they are and move on. Water off a duck's back

MaTaLa, you do know that any response like thumbs down or even negative coments boost theur rating just the same as thumbs up and positive comments.

if you dont want to feed their deal, just ignore. dont comment or anything

Seminole Wind said:
perhaps the " abrasive personality" IS the youtuber? many of these "youtubers" content is so weak they can only get views by creating their own conflict and drama. so sad

i have been here at RTR since the day before they allowed us in. In every interaction i have seen with staff and volunteers they have done an excelent job to provide a solution to what ever conflict it was. but sometime these youtubers have no desire for a resolution. if they cant find the drama, they create it or even just make it up so they can whine on youtube
Yes, they have content. If you consider doing laundry, going to Walfart, and sitting around drinking, to round out their day content!

Status
Not open for further replies.