Roof vent installation question???

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulRaven

Reaction score
Roof vent installation question.

The rolling aluminum tent is going to have a roof vent installed this afternoon.

The camper top is typical ridge and valley construction and the cross frame was built to have the vent drilled into the frame.

My question is where the mounting is into the bare aluminum running lengthwise should I cut into the ridge and mount the screws into the valley or cut into the valley and mount the screws into the ridge?

The sloped part i the front is the same as the flat part farther back.
IMG_20140418_165223.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140418_165223.jpg
    IMG_20140418_165223.jpg
    152.2 KB
Luisafernandes said:
That photo is too close, can you back up a little more[emoji780][emoji6][emoji40]

It can be enlarged to greater detail using any common graphics viewer.

The default one in any operating system will work.

And you call yourself an operating engineer?

Mr.LooRead said:
It can be enlarged to greater detail using any common graphics viewer.

The default one in any operating system will work.

And you call yourself an operating engineer?

Listen here Mr loo, my iPhone can only zoom in so far [emoji368], and, do you know what kind of operating I engineer[emoji780](good memory though on remembering)[emoji56][emoji40][emoji41]

Walmart has a 15" widescreen laptop for $229 with Windows.

I hope this helps.

I'd cut it on the peaks, not the valleys. On the cross cut you'll have to fill in the valleys with butyl tape. I'd screw into the peaks.

At 640x480 the photo is too low res to really see anything even zoomed in. You need to get closer and take the shot at full res so when zoomed in you can see it.
Bob

Mr Loo, you have a very dry sense of humor, either that or you don't have any [emoji6]. It's hard to tell, but you seem to come across that way. Maybe you're a very funny guy in person. Don't be mad at me, just trying to figure you out [emoji2]
Now back to business. As Bob was saying, the picture lacks resolution when zoomed in. Maybe you can take a picture [emoji328] just a little closer? I just did my fan not too long ago and might be of help to you. [emoji106]