Road Pro hot pot question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly

Reaction score
<P>&nbsp; It took 8 minutes for water to get kinda hot but definatly not boiling.&nbsp; Granted the water I put into it was really cold&nbsp;&nbsp;but that just seems like a long time.&nbsp; Is this normal operation for&nbsp;a 16 oz. Road Pro Hot Pot?&nbsp; I've used electric hot pots that boiled water in not time at all.&nbsp; Am I expecting too much?&nbsp;</P>

12 volt is limited when it comes to generating heat.&nbsp; I wouldn't be surprised if it took 20 minutes.&nbsp; I usually use something else for heating the water, and a good thermos to keep it for use through the day (and often, the next).&nbsp; It's nice to have a few options.<br>Vickie<br><br>

I don't have the hot pot, but I have a RoadPro Oven, and it gets really hot, really fast. When I bake soemthing like cookies, cornbread or brownies, I figure about 1 1/2 time the time for an oven. But I know a guy who tried to boil eggs in one and he said it took forever. I think the 12 volt appliances work well, but not for boiling water. Bob<br>

I have the rectangular pot with the auto shut off and it takes about 15 min to boil 12 oz. i only use it when mobile, otherwise I break out the propane burner.<br>

<FONT face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the coments.&nbsp;</FONT><BR><FONT face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></FONT>&nbsp;<BR><FONT face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">&nbsp;Guess I was thinking I'd use the hot pot on chilly mornings when I started the van to take the chill off ....by the time the van was warm, I'd hoped to have hot water for inst. oatmeal.</FONT><BR><FONT face=Tahoma></FONT>&nbsp;<BR><FONT face=Tahoma>Yep, Karl it'll be good for a cup of tea going down the 4 lane.&nbsp;...but I'm thinking this purchase will count as&nbsp;a step in the wrong direction.&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; </FONT><BR>

my second try at heating water in R P hot pot...started w/ normal room temp water and took an 18 min drive w/ the lid on.&nbsp; Water was hot enough for cooking inst oatmeal or tea but noticed a bit of water had leaked out at the seam near the bottom of the pot.&nbsp; <br>Should I have left the lid off so pressure of heating water doesn't build up?&nbsp; I'm truly hoping this isn't going to be a complete failure of equipment.&nbsp; Definatly going to use it on upcoming trip but have it sitting in a plastic dish pan.&nbsp; <br><br>Road Pro Hot Pot is definatly something avoid buying imo.&nbsp; Judy (who has now pushed her launch time for trip west to mothers day afternoon.)<br><br><br><br>