Requested pix of my 6 x 12.....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CargoCondo

Reaction score
:p 102_0065.JPG100_0114.JPG100_0111.JPG100_0117.JPG Just a few pix of my 2010 model 6 x 12 that I converted to a STEALTH camper. I ordered this from Xtra-Tuff trailers in Eastman, GA and had 6" extra interior height, pre wired for 30 amp service, 4 outlets, double rear barn doors, 13500 btu roof air with heat strip, 2 4' overhead fluorescent light fixtures, and an RV style side entry door lock. Total price was right at $3700......I then finished it out with 2" insulation in walls and ceiling, carpet, light honey oak paneling, Winegard pop up tv antenna, 8' rollout awning, tire covers and a 450 watt roof solar install. Have boondocked all over the country, even in some cities and never had a knock on the door telling me to move on!

Attachments

• 100_0117.JPG
    100_0117.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • 100_0111.JPG
    100_0111.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • 100_0114.JPG
    100_0114.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • 102_0065.JPG
    102_0065.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
Awesomeness!! Since you're stealthing, I'm guessing you have a kitchen of sorts as well??

AbuelaLoca said:
Awesomeness!! Since you're stealthing, I'm guessing you have a kitchen of sorts as well??

Darn, I left that out!! Actually, I use a Coleman Fold and Go propane grill quite a bit, plus also cook on a Coleman propane single burner. Clean up is nice and easy! Thanks for catching that!

That looks great. I am still trying to get my 20 ft trailer converted in a travel trailer and ham shack.

CargoCondo said:
:p  Just a few pix of my 2010 model 6 x 12 that I converted to a STEALTH camper. I ordered this from Xtra-Tuff trailers in Eastman, GA and had 6" extra interior height, pre wired for 30 amp service, 4 outlets, double rear barn doors, 13500 btu roof air with heat strip, 2 4' overhead fluorescent light fixtures, and an RV style side entry door lock. Total price was right at $3700......

AWESOME! :) 
Did they wire it for you, and install the A/C, outlets, lights and awning? You asked for an extra 6" height, so I guess it was custom built for you?
$3700 for all that is a very good price.

Ballenxj said:
AWESOME! :) 
Did they wire it for you, and install the A/C, outlets, lights and awning? You asked for an extra 6" height, so I guess it was custom built for you?
$3700 for all that is a very good price.

Yes, they did the 30amp wiring along w/25' of line, they installed the A/C, outlets and lights. I installed the awning separately. The 6" extra interior height was an available option. I ordered it with just a $300 Paypal deposit, and paid cash when I picked it up at their factory. They were very nice, and accommodating.

CargoCondo said:
Yes, they did the 30amp wiring along w/25' of line, they installed the A/C, outlets and lights. I installed the awning separately. The 6" extra interior height was an available option.  They were very nice, and accommodating.
Thanks. :)
 Hmm, Xtra-Tuff trailers in Eastman, GA, eh? I'm sure a lot of folk here will be highly interested in their trailers and options for them.

First thing i check on websites is the 'about us' tab....apparently this place (Xtra-Tuff) was started by the former general manager of the 'old' Pace American company. That would be a 'positive' in my book having owned a Pace for 15 years.

Their pricing looks good and they do factory direct instead of dealers...both good signs.

@OP...Congrats.

johnny b said:
First thing i check on websites is the 'about us' tab....apparently this place (Xtra-Tuff) was started by the former general manager of the 'old' Pace American company. That would be a 'positive' in my book having owned a Pace for 15 years.
That's good to know. I have an older Pace American as well, and it's holding up just fine. :)

anyone done a "stealthy attic" roof rack utility storage, the way buildings hide the a/c on top sometimes? Yes would make the whole thing, look taller, but could put lots of stuff up there without taking away from stealth.

Actually maybe a basement is better for heavy stuff centre of gravity, raise the floor of the relatively light & empty living space, like tour buses luggage areas.