Removing 13" tv from chevy express van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srae29

Reaction score
Hi everyone, we are converting a 2002 chevy express passenger van to a camper van. It came with a 13" tv and a 400w inverter installed in the front, upper shelf. We've searched YT but so far no step by step videos to remove it. Is it easy? We do not have electrical experience but willing to try taking out the older tv and replace it with a 24" flat screen. If anyone could help with instructions or videos or point us in the direction to how we can remove this. Thank you for any suggestions.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-T307U using Tapatalk

Can you put a picture of the setup? If there is a frame around it, you probable have to remove the frame.

Look for evidence of fasteners. Then look to see how you can reach them to undo them. It is a small TV so it wont be impossible to figure out. Just play detective and look for the clues.

there is a plug behind the TV just like in your house. unplug that and the antenna. there is no special wiring.

then there is the mobile bracket. unbolt that and the TV comes right out. reverse the procedure for installing the flat screen.

highdesertranger

Thank you for the advise. We thought it couldn't be difficult but it was an electrical thing and thought to ask.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

yeah I have never seen one that was hard wired. I guess it could happen but can't see why. highdesertranger

Latest posts