Remove/replace seat bracket question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking to fill the holes exposed after removing seats/brackets/mounts/hardware from my camper van build.

Building a camper in a 05 E150 Club Wagon. I removed the seats. Removed the brackets with a T-55 and found someone who wants to buy the seats+brackets+bolts. So whats the best way to fill the holes/replace the bolts? Just get some sized up to fit at the hardware store bolt/nut and maybe line it with some plumbing tape or caulk to prevent water/etc from coming up?

Thank you! Any help/links greatly appreciated. I looked for a bit online a couple times this week and didn't see anythng

Attachments

• IMG-1069.JPG
    IMG-1069.JPG
    555.2 KB
I had holes in my floor from contractor cabinets. I put new bolts & nuts & washers in the holes I could reach under the van (some were blocked by the exhaust and other things). I didn't use sealant since there had been none before. I've had no problems with leaks, but I'm in the arid West.

We wanted to fill the holes an a friend's van and she was on a tight budget. Nut and bolts and various plugs were kind of expensive, so we ended up raiding my change jar and silicone-ing nickels and quarters in place. It was cheaper.

Pan head bolts are great use marine bedding caulk to seal the holes. It's flexible and far superior to average caulking.
The plus is the bedding compoud can be removed. If you are installing grey tanks or fresh water tanks get bolts that can help you mount brackets underneath the floor
Just make sure you use the bedding on the bottom also and have a washer and lock washer with a lock nut, the plastic threading will prevent rusting making removal easygoing.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Thank you! I appreciate the info. I will look into these further. Had a thought about making one/multiple into a stable mount point for some furniture.