Relief mission

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les H

Reaction score
I have quickly thrown together a relief mission to help the tornado victims in the mid Atlantic and southeast. As a contractor, I have the tools and know how to help out in ways other than just watching the news. So far, I have talked to the managers of walmart, home depot, and Hess ( gas) , all of whom will help out some.my wife's church and food pantry is donating food, clothes, and gas money. My parents church is donating gas money. People on Facebook ( Lester Hendricks, seated blond guy) have pledged donations and I have posted on vandwellers @ yahoo also. I expect to leave sa am for about a week. I spoke with a 911 dispatcher from Macon co, Ga., and he tells me they are looking for entire counties ( think wizard of oz- gone). I do not have a paypal, but if you would like to help, CALL me- 518-965-2834 and I will give you an adress, or my wife's paypal acct. You can also email me @ [email protected].
Thanks all!!!

<FONT size=3>Les, how awesome of you to do what you're doing.&nbsp; Please keep us posted.</FONT><BR><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<BR><FONT size=3>I don't have any cash, at the moment,&nbsp;but I'll share your FB page and mission and re work the budget and come up with some $$$</FONT><BR><br><FONT size=3>ETA:</FONT><br><FONT size=3>&nbsp;Can you or I add your FB link just to make it easier?</FONT><br>

Cindy, I'm mostly a computer klutz, self taught over the last few years I don't know how ! :0(
I use the app on my iPhone to use FB

Hi Cyndi, I can't seem to make the link work but you can go on FB and put Les Hendricks in the search blank..<br>Briu<br><br>

<P><FONT size=3>Bri, thanks! I found Les' FB page, but was asking for him to post the link or for permission for me topost it, just to make things easier for anybody with an interest.</FONT></P>

Cindi, if you have the kniwhow, go ahead. I'm parked in superwalmart in Lexington, Va. Exit 195.rt 11, by the garden center.
Les

Sat.
16853af1.jpg
[/IMG]
3ca1501f.jpg

1bf84b7a.jpg

Right on Bro....good luck and be safe.....<br>Bri<br><br>

Complete devastation. They are still doing search and rescue.
28a3f243.jpg

7ee5d141.jpg

edc7720a.jpg

<font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">Thanks for sharing, Les. &nbsp;...Puts everything into perspective.. Everyday problems are trivial when compared to this. &nbsp; Thanks for making a difference. &nbsp; Katie</span></font>

I guess my pics didnt come through. Internet connection is shaky at best. 9 more people reported dead on the outskirts of town. It's been 85* for 5 days....also reports of people Impersonating FEMA workers and theft of copper wire, plumbing, and AC units. On a brighter note, another vandweller donation! Thanks Bob! And I will be in the local paper at home, first time for a good deed! Lol.( I have been sober and " under the radar" for a decade). I'll try to repost pics later.
Les

So , I don't even know if anyone is following this thread or not, but if you are, then thank you. Yesterdays rain in the afternoon shut down or efforts early for the day. I found myself headed deeper into Ga, and met up with David Hair ( vandweller construction@yahoo) and his wife Linda. Also present was David jr, Charlene Swanky ( swanky wheels) and Cuzzin' Dick from vandwellers@yahoo. It was a great break from the insanity that is the remains of the towns I have been in. Today's project ( and most likely the rest of my time here) was spent with someone whose family lost a mother and son, and three homes. All leveled. Out of respect for the families privacy, I will not post pictures of the site. I will tell you that his brothers drivers liscense was found in Chattanooga, Tn, 20 someodd miles away.
17e9f79b.jpg

44c0ee32.jpg

1d285dc4.jpg

<P>Wish we could be there and help. Soon, I hope. Tell Swanky we are glad to see her. Have not seen a post on her blog since December and quit checking. I have black painted water jugs and a reflectix covered cooler in my back yard right now because of her. Had to use them recently when the hot water heater broke in the house. Worked great! Bought a 2 gallon garden sprayer and painted it black too! Best of everything to you all, and God Bless You!</P>

A looter was shot and killed in the next town over( sherrifs deputy told me) no charges will be filed against the homeowner. Security patrols are very tight in the harder hit areas. How someone steals from someone whose possessions may be next door or in the next state is beyond me.

Latest posts