Refrigerator problem -TB31a clone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RschDev

Reaction score
I have a Chinese refrigerator that appears to be the exact same unit as a TruckFridge TB31a.  The only difference is the badging.  I bought mine on Amazon for a bargain.  It developed a new symptom today.  When you plug it in, all the lights come on including the eco mode light that flashes on and off green.  The inside light comes on when when I open the lid but the compressor is not turning on.  

I know that if I had purchased a TruckFridge, I’d have awesome tech support.  This unit, on Amazon, cost half the price.  Of course the seller has disappeared off the platform.

1. Sufficient power to run the unit? Always start there with electrical appliances. Plugged in securely?

Search for unofficial TruckFridge forums. Search for the symptom "all lights on, not cooling".

TruckFridge may have common troubleshooting tips publicly available on the web to cut down on call handling.

If you are powering it on DC did you try the AC cord (on AC)? Or vice-versa?

Yeah the cheapest option is not always the least expensive option...

RschDev said:
Of course the seller has disappeared off the platform.

* What was the warranty? (and are you still in the warranty period?)
* Is Amazon aware of the disappearing seller?

I did a little more research on the fridge and now believe that it’s made by an Italian company. I found a source of repair parts in Poland, but am going to triple check the wiring and try it on the AC adapter as suggested.

So this morning I checked the battery (40amp Lifepo) and the wiring. Everything looked fine and voltages were as expected.  The fridge continued to misbehave.  When I was getting the AC power brick out, the fridge made a beep and everything is now going well.  I’m suspecting that there is a problem with the power socket on the fridge.  I’m leaving the rig parked for the next few months while my travels take me out of the country but will expect it to be working well when I get back. Thanks everyone.