Alpicool C20 Refrigerator

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a follow up re: power consumption.

Yesterday and today I noticed something. Both days once the battery got to float it logged about 210 watt hours. Then about 10 watt hours per hour.

Yesterday was super cloudy and the van didn't get very hot. Today it was sunny and the van got pretty hot. Both days about 10 watt hours per hour.

So I would say an expectation of 240 watt hours in a 24 hour period for an uninsulated alpicool in a hot environment is reasonable. So still under 20Ah in a 24hr period. Just a sort of benchmark for those like myself that were really on the fence about power consumption of fridges.

Oh side note. When I got my early morning energy drink out of the fridge it was °35F on the display. It DID have ice crystals on the inside metal walls.... but they moved when i ran my finger across them. They dont when its 32°F. I'd say the thermostat definitely IS very accurate.

I would totally reccomend it bro. It's a good fridge. In fact if I ever upgrade to a travel trailer I'm planning on using it as a freezer and getting a "deep freezer" with a different thermostat and use that as a fridge. Not because this is too small for me, but because if I had more space I COULD have a larger one and this would be a big enough freezer for me for sure.