Rear Van Doors installed finally

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeker

Reaction score
Finally got the rear doors installed. Doors were Black and paint job looks great. Took 3 of us several hours to get changed over and was not fun.
New paint may be a little brighter then old but I have never washed or waxed it (I am not one that does a lot of car washing other than needed).
Not sure what I will do inside of the doors. is it possible to use something like Great Stuff if you sprayed it inside something like heavy duty trash bag so you would not have it directly against metal and cause the rust problem?

Time for the real work to start now that the body stuff is finished. Guess I will clean out the van and put some floor down. What about 1/2 or probably 3/4 plywood over top of the rubber mat I already have? Anyone have an opinion on leaving rubber mat down or not?
Thanks
A SEEKER

Attachments

• rear doors.JPG
    rear doors.JPG
    40.9 KB
  • rear doors side view.jpg
    rear doors side view.jpg
    36.9 KB
  • guts rear door.JPG
    guts rear door.JPG
    55.1 KB
  • inside van.JPG
    inside van.JPG
    54.3 KB
The best thing is that you now have tilt out rear windows on a cargo van.

With my back doors, I used double stick tape to a cut up trash bag. Then I filled the cavity with cellulose insulation. I don't know if the trouble I went to is worth it. It seems like the doors don't seal all that well in the first place, so I get wind whistling and dust gets in. As far as staying warm goes, I find it's easier to just bundle up. And as for staying relatively cool in the summer, ventilation seems to be the key. Opening rear windows help. It's going to get warm no matter how well insulated the van is, because you have your body pumping out 98° in a confined space.

Latest posts