Rear dually rim

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffroe

Reaction score
I hit a huge pothole and bent the rim on my 2004 Ford F-350 super duty dually. Didn’t see it due to a heavy rain going on at the time. Been trying to find a used one but having trouble getting one. Can’t believe it but a new one is $1200.00 plus the tire. That’s crazy! Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

where are you looking? go to a junk yard have them put it on the wire. is this a steel rim? highdesertranger

It’s a polished aluminum I believe. It is a Ford rim that was put on the Laotian package. We have checked all in the St. Louis area. We came back for family business. And want to get out of here ASAP. Crazy, after putting on about 7,000 miles since March it happens within 2 miles from where I used to live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6ad89bfa626722b46d99c3b0b1a3f6dd.jpg

3a94769ca53f6f0ddb40be67404193ec.jpg

This is the one on the other side.

Thanks guys, I will check that one out. Comp insurance will cover it after my deductible but consider it an accident even though I couldn’t see it in the rain. The roads here are terrible!

the only difference between a front rim and rear rim is what side is polished. you could always put a steel rim on until you find the correct replacement. highdesertranger

wait a second you can't "bend" an aluminum rim. you can break it but bend, it who told you it was bent. highdesertranger

I may be wrong on the material, but it definitely has a huge bend in the outside of the rim. I agree and probably will put another rim on it and keep searching for the correct one. I really appreciate all your help. Hard to believe Ford sells any of those at that kind of money! Corporate greed for sure!!!

Now you know how car companies think in order to make more money they make unique parts that they control production and sales of. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was more standardized system where a wheel was required to fit any or all hubs and one lug nut fit them all. A lot of profit would be lost and there would be a lot more recycling! Steel wheels are cheap and durable as even bent is better than broken and steel wheels can be straightened in most cases. I would replace all the wheels with steel before I would pay $1200 for one alloy wheel.

For sure, I would have purchased the truck with just plain wheels . The main reason I bought the truck is because the engine had been factory proofed and only had 114,000 miles on it when I got it last February and of course cause it came with our trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,
What does "factory proofed" mean? Factory blueprinted?

wayne49 said:
Hi,
What does "factory proofed" mean? Factory blueprinted?

It’s like Bulletproof but not done by or with all the bulletproof company or products?