I bought a van just now ...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Activist

Reaction score
......because today is (was) the day (see my introduction in the Newcomer's Forum).

A 2014 Ford E-350 Super Duty extended (length), cargo, with folding doors (no sliding door). I wanted folding doors after I heard a comment from someone living in one of those stating that you can't put items on the inside of a sliding door and then open it without removing them, which surely works with folding doors. It is white, surprised?

Around 132,000 miles on it. Purchase price was high as expected, $12,000. But: From Texas, thought this buys me a bit more van life as it has not seen salt yet. 1 owner, a carpet business, so inside is very clean, even has a basic solid floor covering.

Have been looking at this particular one since last week. Dealer provided tons of pictures, even detailed ones I asked about plus a video of it, including running and driving. I paid them and had it checked out at a close by Ford dealer, vehicle is solid and needs nothing. No visible rust, no mechanical issues.

The van is being delivered to the Ford dealer now, they will do maintenance for me. All fluids and filters changes, alignment check (Tires have more than 50% of legal life left). I also have them install one of those steering stabilizers, have driven vans with and without them before, what a difference they make! It might need a spark plug or 2, or rather ignition coil, these 5.4 liter 2-valve engines are known for issues with it.

Am planning on flying over next week Monday and pick it up. Am in Southern Michigan, so it will be a nice and long drive back. I post my journey/Travel info.

Gotta go, preparing trip.

Sounds good, as long as you are happy, price is just a number.

That's exciting. Sounds like you did everything correctly. You will have a blast once you start building it out. Good luck!

Congrats on the new van, Activist!

I don't think you paid too much for it if it's in good condition. I bought a nice clean 2012 E350 in Houston a couple of years ago for $10,000 and thought I got a pretty good deal on it, and then after I got it fixed up the way I wanted the transmission went out.

The biggest part of 5000 USDs later I had my custom-built (by me) van back with a genuine Ford remanufactured transmission and a three-year warranty.

Runs great now LOL :)

Johnny

highdesertranger said:
Congrats!  You know we need pics.  Highdesertranger

Just a regular van, it blends right in. :cool:

Attachments

• 2013E350CargoExt.jpg
    2013E350CargoExt.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 14