Question for those whom are running small refrigerators, big cooler or two coolers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have 2 Whynter frig/frzr.  One 60cu ft, other is 45cu ft.  Each uses 5 amps at whatever temp we set it.

And no matter if it is freezer set or refrig set.  Have had them since 2013.  Work great.  Bought the bags
that fit them just to, perhaps, help them insulation-wise.     :shy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 105 cubic FEET !.........I didn't know Whynter made them so BIG !

Makes my 9.2 cubic foot Igloo Refrigerator look tiny.................:)

I think they do, actually. It's called a "walk in fridge". Most restaurants have them.

I bought a iceco go 20. It came about a month ago so far so good. I like the dule chambers but now I have it set for all refrigerator. Weak part of the thing is the stupid cigarette lighter plug. I have to tape it in place and let in just the right position or it falls out and turning the unit off. I will correct that soon as my solar system will be done on the eighth. It is too small but I knew it would be. I mainly got it for my medications. If the inside was just a half an inch taller it would hold a gallon milk jug. It’s a shame it doesn’t. It works very efficiently and is as quiet as a mouse. It seems to be quality made. Five year warranty on the Dan Foss compressor. But I wonder what it’s like to send to China to get that warranty honored.

105 cu ft would be a walk in fridge that would not have much storage space.

4 ft x 4 ft x 6.6 ft = 105.6 cu ft

I have a 5 qt engle fridge That came with the van in 2003. It’s made ice but I feel like it runs nonstop on low. I have 2 Xtreme group 27 battery’s and 200watts of solar.

With no solar I need to start the generatorWhich is mounted under the van. I think the fridge is drawing to much power as it’s old.

get some hard numbers. a thermometer and an amp meter are pretty cheap.

also 5qt? do you mean 50qt?

are you trying to use it as a freezer? you said it made ice.

highdesertranger

I carry the Engel, great Fridge/Freezer, only one at time, but sips 12v, Cooler, and easy to move, but heavy built, had it for 11 yrs works perfect. It's
plug and play 12v and 110. New coolers with dual compartments would be a lot more handy!

We run an Indel B - Model TB51A. It can run on AC or DC. We have 4 - 100 watt panels and 170 Ah lithium battery. The fridge and our ceiling fan run constantly with no problems. And it'll run for a couple of days before the battery runs out.

I think it's 50 quarts. Plenty of space for food for two people for a week. And it can function as a freezer too.