Question for Jimindenver

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qxxx

Reaction score
Jim, do you have a good app or website for locating cell towers? I looked around using my laptop browser, but the sites I found didn't seem to work very well.

i do recall jim posting some info on this in a thread. it may have been the cheap cell phone booster thread but i dont recall the apps or info. hopefully jim is in range and chimes in soon

cellreception.com is one of the ones that I use. When I had a android phone I also used network cell info lite.

Re-appraisal: the map shown on the cellreception.com main page actually shows cell towers around Quartzsite and Ehrenberg that weren't found via search. So??? As the map appears very "grey" I had thought it was not working, but looks good.

The towers around Quartzsite are American towers. That does not mean the services are not on them, just that they are not owned by one of the big four.

That website does show a lot of 3rd party towers, who no doubt lease BW to the big guys. I checked in my home town where the towers are, and can now see why I only ever seem to get 2-bars on my Verizon cell phone when at home.