Putt

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what happened to ya?  Hope you are doing well. I've been following along for last 4 to 6 months and stealing or using (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all. :D )some of your ideas. So if you don't mind. Up dates Please!
Also where did you get your window? And what is did it set you back $ wise.    
Thanks for your time
 Dave Aka DragonSparks

I watched your finished step van tour on YouTube this morning, clicked the link of your van build here... I looked at every page, 47 so far, in about six hours.

The way you used the air space for your build is unique and inspired me to watch. Terrific solution for dealing with the heat and moisture build up while living in a vehicle!

I'm on the fence about a step van... I made the decision not to do the step van when you informed us that even though you can register as an RV, you can't get RV Insurance on an RV that is not manufactured at the factory!

I really like the way you built your stepvan! I was thinking about one that has a u-shaped leather couch.... A nice home on wheels. Insurance! ##)$)_+\#++&(&+!!!!!!!

Nice work. Two thumbs up!

JamesAdam

Solar panel shadow drain voltage drain can be remidied by placing a one-way diode on the positive connection at the solar panel connection box, where the wires come out of the solar panel itself.  This eliminates the entire solar panel array from being affected by shadows on one panel voltage reduction.

In other words, "If you put the doohickey thingamagigger onto the solar panels positive wire, you still maintain full voltage from the panels in full sunlight."

Putts,
I was able to track you down to continue following you on your new adventure. I've enjoyed your reviews of headphones over the last few years and will miss those. The wallet is still recovering.

We do have another thing in common now though. You retired and I will too someday. :) Seriously though, I have 6 years or so left to work (our birthdays are 6 days and several years apart) and my plan is to hopefully full time in an RV and at least travel North and South to find good weather, outdoor adventures, and get away from the rat race and CA. It is way over 100 degrees here all summer.

Anyway, I'm happy for you and hopefully, you'll find time to keep us updated.

Scott

Hi, I believe I copied the attached "rest room" pic, from your thread.  If so, would you tell me where the seat and funnel parts can be purchased?  Thanks.

Attachments

• TOILET Privy 501 PUTT.jpg
    TOILET Privy 501 PUTT.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 16
Tyll, I am soo intrigued with your step van build. I have been looking all over the place to find that window you installed. Could you please share the link to where you bought that window. Thank you so much for your comments, thoughts and photos.

[Can you mention the make and model of that composting toilet? Looks like it's the ticket for my step van! Thanks!

That’s an old post from 2018. Putts hasn’t been on here for awhile.