Propane stove regulator help

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bLEEp

Reaction score
So as the lady and I prepare for our departure we are taking inventory of items we have, what we need and so on.
We have a "white stag" dual burner propane stove.  We could not locate the regulator or hose to connect it to the greenie so we went to Wally World and bought one today.  Problem is it will not fit the stove.  Can anyone offer any advice on this?  I'd really like to be able to make use of everything we have as much as possible as we some po' folk ?
Please help. 
TYIA
bLEEp and Mrs. bLEEp

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
it's hard to tell from the pic, but is that the threaded type? what type did you buy? got a pic of that? highdesertranger

Yes, it is threaded on the outside.  I bought the Coleman 5430, the internal part has an octagon shape that does not fit my stove.

Here are some pics...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Whole thing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
unfortunately those adaptors change like the wind. my Coleman doesn't look anything like that. my suggestion is to go to the manufacturers web site and get the correct one. highdesertranger

Man, I can not find a damn thing for this stove, I am considering buying a new one. I have searched all I know to search but cannot seem to find the correct adaptor.....
:(

Have you stopped by any Propane companies ?  Those who fill tanks at houses,  fill  bottles and BBQ tanks ?  Often they have quite an assortment of brass for helping customers couple their domestic appliances to their
service lines. 

Just take the stove with you and explain that you would like to get set up so you could use propane bottles
like this one,  or BBQ Grill tanks too.  They may be able to make up a couple adapters for you.

There are also Hose companies who build and repair hydraulic hoses and many others who have quite a
lot of brass fittings which can be attached to hoses of the grade which would carry propane.

31F4vcNWbZL._AC_UL320_SR190,320_.jpg

this is a common problem with buying off brand stuff. no after purchase support. highdesertranger

I tried to locate a source for White Stag propane stoves.   Apparently they are no more.  I did find some images of the box they come in.  

WHITE STAG 600.jpg  WHITE STAG 2.jpg WHITE STAG 3 600.jpg

It is hard to read but the address is, 
Henderson Camp Products Inc.
Henderson, N.C. 27536
Made in China (on single burner)

Now there is no Henderson Camp Products in Henderson NC.

Found this address,  There is a bank there now.

Henderson Camp Products Inc
1775 GRAHAM AVE
Henderson, North Carolina 27536

Vance Construction, founded in 1972, a full-service general contracting company, listed these building building projects.
Henderson Camp Products, Inc. Henderson, NC
Henderson Sleeping Bag Henderson, NC

Also found that it was a foreign owned company
Company Overview

HENDERSON CAMP PRODUCTS, INC. LEGAL 
is a company in North Carolina and its company number is 0067282.
HENDERSON CAMP PRODUCTS, INC. LEGAL was registered on 4/24/1978. 
The company's citizenship is listed as FOREIGN.

There is another one in Illinois, no longer there.

Company Name HENDERSON CAMP PRODUCTS, INC.
Company No 54845588
Business Type Corporation
Status REVOKED
Jurisdiction Illinois(IL)
Popular Science Feb 1985 had an ad for a tent form them.

Attachments

• WHITE STAG 600.jpg
    WHITE STAG 600.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 4
  • WHITE STAG 2.jpg
    WHITE STAG 2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 3
  • WHITE STAG 3 600.jpg
    WHITE STAG 3 600.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 3
Yea me n the wife went to a couple of places yesterday. One place called "camping world" had a hose that looked like it would fit, but was fifty bucks. I'll buy a Coleman before I do that, the stove was a freebie as it is, so no big loss. I WILL say, do not EVER go to a camping world unless you are a lotto winner or otherwise independently wealthy. Camp chairs for sixty dollars??? We saw the exact same thing at menards for 29.99. The staff was rude as well, I guess they cater to the million dollar RV crowd, and me with hair to my waist and my beautiful tattoo covered wife did not fit in ?

what Camping World was that. I have been to a few and always found good customer service. and I ain't no beauty queen. they can be pricey on some items but others they are competitive. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
what Camping World was that.  I have been to a few and always found good customer service.  and I ain't no beauty queen.  they can be pricey on some items but others they are competitive.  highdesertranger

It was here in Columbia MO.  I guess I should not judge all of them by one bad experience, but that's kinda how I work.  Looks like I will have to break down and buy a new stove, probably better off with a manufacture who is still producing products regardless.  
I really appriciate everyone being so helpful :)

bLEEp said:
It was here in Columbia MO.  I guess I should not judge all of them by one bad experience, but that's kinda how I work.  Looks like I will have to break down and buy a new stove, probably better off with a manufacture who is still producing products regardless.  
I really appriciate everyone being so helpful :)

Well one trip to the flea market later we scored a likened Coleman dual burner with a tank, hose and stand for 35 dollars.  The hack saw was 1.50 and the crescent 2.50 (my lovely ex wife sold all my tools)
The griddle fits the dual burner perfectly, is dual sided and was only 6.00
And there is Mrs bLEEp in her new winter coat, a score at 28.00!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
good for you. we could have used a pic of the stove set up too. nice coat and good looking pup. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
good for you.  we could have used a pic of the stove set up too.  nice coat and good looking pup.  highdesertranger

Ha, thought I posted one.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16