GasOne GS-3400P Stove

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BulldogPI

Reaction score
I just got one of these off of Amazon, and tested it out.  I'm not a van dweller, but I think this would be a very nice burner to use on the road for cooking.  Cost me $40 and comes with the hose you'll need to go to a propane tank.  If you have a 20 lb tank and hose adapter for your buddy heater (along with the propane filter, a must have item with a 20 lb tank...) the little stove propane hose will connect right in, and save you the super overpriced costs associated with the 1 lb canisters.

So long as one left his van window down a couple of inches for venting, you could probably use this stove to heat the van with.  PLEASE be aware and careful about Carbon Monoxide concerns.  There was a story a few weeks ago about a van dweller who had somehow bypassed the buddy heater no tip feature, and was using it as his cook stove.  Anyway, not sure that is what caused the Carbon Monoxide buildup in his van, but he succumbed to the fumes.  Carbon Monoxide 'safe' or not, I'd still have fresh air venting in when using my buddy heater or any appliance.

Back to the stove.  I like it.  Seems well constructed, lights right up with pizo electric ignition and is a no frills but reilable stove from what I'm seeing.  It apparently can use propane or butane.  Personally I prefer propane.

That's interesting. I have the Coleman butane stove which looks identical.

So if you were able to buy the adapter hose, it seems like you would be able to use LP with a Coleman.

I got the same dual fuel model about 4 months ago. I actually just bought the cheapest Coleman 2 burner for the same price ($44) and prefer the 2 burner. Yes it's bigger however it is more stable, plus I doubt I will ever be using butane.

Now I have a 1x used dual fuel Gas One and a case of 12 butane bottles... Oh well I will give it to a relative who camps.

It's what I have. I use butane about half the time just to save the small hassle of connecting/disconnecting the propane. You really should disconnect when not in use because the regulator built into the hose goes bad if it's constantly under pressure.

i have this model also and love it. I have used the butane, propane and large tanks. Love the flexibility.

The Coleman butane stoves I have can not be used with propane. I believe the GasOne is the only available brand that can use both fuels. Butane is much safer to use inside.