Propane pressure question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild_E

Reaction score
Hello,<div>I and probably a few other people need some information in regards to propane, regulators and pressure.</div><div><br></div><div>Right now I use 2x 20lb propane tanks.</div><div>The manufacture says to only use these but not bulk tanks.</div><div><br></div><div>So the question is how to hook up a 100lb tank</div><div>. first off, from what I know a 100lb tank does not have any difference in pressure than a 20lb tank.</div><div>So Q. is the manufacture just playing it safe?</div><div>Q. is there actually a difference in pressure and what I learned was wrong?</div><div>Q. can I hook up a 100lb tank, put a regulator on it, then feed the heater with a hose, will that solve the issues?</div><div><br></div><div>Summary,</div><div>the 20lb tank lasts only 3-3.5 days on a fill, adding in the second line will only increase this to 7 days.</div><div>The cost is $17 per bottle to fill</div><div>the cost to fill the 100 lb is $65 so a big saving per fill up and longer run time between fillings.</div><div><br></div><div><div>Second,</div><div>I have the small older catalytic that takes the 1lb tanks,</div><div>can I do something similar with it?&nbsp;</div><div>Hook up a 20lb tank using a regulator?</div></div><div><br></div><div>My heater is a Mr. Heater, 4k to 8k btu from Mr Buddy.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks, to all.</div><div>Bob you said you did something similar before and used propane heat in Alaska?</div><div><br></div><div>I wanted to get the Olympian wave but they are hard to get in Canada, at least in Ontario from what I have seen..</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

<P>same pressure no problem ,they even sell extend a stay kits where you can hook up a 100# tank. at my house now i have a 30,000 btu wall heater that i run on 100#tank with a dual stage rv regulator,then i have my house water heater and gas stove/oven on another 100#tank with another dual stage rv type regulator.never had any issues.</P>