Problem with Freecampsites.net

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaceman Spiff

Reaction score
I'm having problems accessing 'Freecampsites.net'.  First time after turning on the laptop I get the title page and this message pops up:

ssw.jpg

After that the page will not respond.  Trying to access the site again get no response (blank screen).

Worked fine last time I accessed it about 2 weeks ago.  Any ideas?

MacBook Pro Retina 13"
Sierra 10.12.6
Safari V11.1.2 (12605.3.8.1)

Attachments

• ssw.jpg
    ssw.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 12
I can access it just fine on my android. You may need to clear your cache in the browser. It got that message once, and so it may be automatically jumping to that cached page (to save having to go afresh to that site on the web.) Possibly reboot your phone, if you are on a phone.

I'm trying a new browser today, called "Brave". It blocks ad and tracking scripts at the source, so it loads faster, so it claims. Does seem to, I must say.

Btw, do such Safari messages usually say "Safari Service Worker"? Seems very odd. Like a phishing/malware thing by someone who doesn't speak English or wants to come off as not speaking English.

I read somewhere that phishing attacks often use bad English because they need to draw in people who are so uneducated/stoopid/oblivious that they can be fooled.

I get error msgs like that quite frequently on this forum. Just click on the "Reload" button a few times.

There's been a few glitches since a recent upgrade.
The creators are always happy to help. Can you get to the contact page?
They'll need to know your browser, OS and um ... One more thing. Hmmmm ?

I can't get on it lately[emoji853]

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk