private investigating? bounty hunting?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinker

Reaction score
anyone have an experience with these?<br /><br />

Yeah, is someone looking for you?<br /><br />

ha! not yet.<br />just curious about a way to make a living no one seems to have mentioned.<br />i wonder why. it seems it would be great for a lot of vandwellers.

As long as you're stationary (in a city/state), sure. It's a great way to make money. Even if the person skips the state you could still go after and bring them back.&nbsp;<br /><br />This won't work if you constantly roam from state to state though.<br /><br />

Not for the faint hearted really. That would be me.&nbsp;

sl1966 said:
As long as you're stationary (in a city/state), sure. It's a great way to make money. Even if the person skips the state you could still go after and bring them back.&nbsp;<br /><br />This won't work if you constantly roam from state to state though.<br /><br />
could take you places.<br />i think the pi thing is best for van dwellers. used to keeping a low profile. proficient with a camera. capable of sitting in one place for a long time.

I've done it. It does within a state, and rarely out. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen but for the kind of work you just alluded to. In one state is where most of the work happens. I'm talking mainly CA though since that's where I worked when I did this. Workmans comp cases were the meat and potatoes of the work I performed. I sat in one place in a plain white truck w/shell and tinted windows/blackout curtains shooting video of people who claimed they hurt their backs or whatnot. I shot video on average 2-5 days straight of them doing all kinds of stuff they said they couldn't do.&nbsp;<br /><br />

I guess with all the time on our hands that would be one way to pass it.<br />&nbsp;<br />This is Jim Rockford, at the tone leave&nbsp;your name and number&nbsp;and I will get back to you.<br />That was one of my favorite shows. and Columbo.&nbsp;

Sl1966, The Bounty Hunter. I see a new reality show! :)

lol .. that would make for a funny show. imagine combining burn notice and robot chicken together.<br /><br />it'd be a good source of income, if not a risky one. those days are long behind me though. I did this when I was in my early 20s. one of the benefits of not looking my age and being bi-lingual didn't hurt either. I've only ever done one skip trace. a big ass, on the record heavy drug using samoan. i found him living in the back of a gas station. i swear he would've butt raped me had it not been for the two women tweakers already living with him. even tho the money was pretty good at the time, I quickly figured out this wasn't the career for me. :)<br /><br />

A big, heavy-drug-using, butt-raping Samoan doesn't sound like a profile that would garner a lot of hits on eHarmony dot com?! Of course, there is someone out there for everyone, or so I've heard. The Samoan's "someone" may already be in a federal pen but...

If I was gay, and up for a tropical teddy bear type island encounter. Maybe. lol!<br /><br /><br />

there's a tarantino movie in here somewhere.<br /><br /><br />

you could possibly be a process server if you have a clean file.

Aunt Meg said:
you could possibly be a process server if you have a clean file.
i suggested that before. people got a bit upset. i still say it's a good idea.<br />i don't really know what it entails though. here in nyc anyone not involved in the case can serve paper. maybe there's a difference if one gets paid for it?