Presteaux!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Presteaux!

Reaction score
Pronounced "presto" in case you haven't been around Cajuns very much.

Anyhow, a friend on another forum posted a vid of some guy living in a van.  I didn't realize it at the time, but that began the follicular intrusion between the cheeks of my ample posterior.  I don't know why it didn't hit me hard at first, but it was only ~a week later that I seriously began thinking about doing it and began my research.  Of course it did not take me long to run across Bob.  And subsequently Carolyn.  I find them both quite helpful!  I guess I wouldn't have signed up for the forum if I didn't.  Even found out from one of Bob's VLOGs that we have a little something in common:  AFib.

I guess I've had AFib for over 20 years but it only presented as a fluttering that I found best described as anxiety--even though I didn't feel anxious.  But then a few years ago it became more pronounced but still intermittent.  My doctor had me wear a Holter Monitor for a day and that came back clean, so still no diagnosis/treatment.  Then a couple of years ago my breathing became affected and one night while cruising across the country in the 18-wheeler I just could not catch my breath.  So much so that I called an ambulance expecting them to slap on an oxygen mask for a few minutes and then go away.  Nope.  Had to spend a couple of days in the hospital to get it under control.  But at least I had a diagnosis.   :s

Anyhow, the AFib subsequently affected my income (eventually) since I had temporarily contracted somebody to drive the big truck and when I wanted to come back, the quack that the company uses for DOT physicals refused to certify me even though I met all of the DOT criteria.  So I'm still having to pay a third of the truck's income to somebody else.  Then last year the truck kept breaking.  To the tune of ~$40,000.  Now, that made things really rough.  And it's still hard to make ends meet just paying off the bills incurred due to that.  I am presently delivering food part time to help with the income stream.

So I began thinking of selling the house.  It was shortly after this that I ran across the video I mentioned in the beginning of my introduction.  Little did I know the seed had been planted.  And I've been researching ever since.  Since I'm still a few years away from retirement, I will still have to maintain some income from somewhere.  The thought occurred to me that I might be able to make a few extra dollars by VLOGging.  Then I found out how saturated the market is.  Shewwwwwwwwww!  A lot of folks doing it.

But I have a hook that I'm not prepared to divulge at the moment.  I don't want to let that one out until I'm ready to begin a channel/site.  And I would be starting out with the Wee Roll Classic that I wouldn't even know about if not for Bob interviewing Tom.  This hook will probably relegate me to urban camping in the beginning.  At least until I can come up with some cash for a large upgrade that I would need.  But I don't know that for sure yet because I haven't been to any of the camping areas and don't know how they are structured.

Anyhow, I tend to get wordy.  So I'm'a stop for now.  Just wanted to introduce myself and let "you people" know that I'm researching become one of you.  It is looking likely...

Welcome to the CRVL forums Presteaux !

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome Presteaux!

Regardless of spelling, the image that entered my mind upon reading your screen name was the character Presto from the old Dungeons & Dragons cartoon I used to watch as a kid.

presto-conjuration-frisbee_cke.jpg

Hello and Welcome Presteaux.
I also had a-fib to the point when it would happen I couldn't do anything for about 12 hours, but there is a medical procedure to fix it called an ablation that is done in a hospital but is an out patient procedure. For most people that fixes it, it didn't work for me the first time but I had another procedure done that did fix it and haven't had a-fib since the second procedure and no longer have to take blood thinners. Good Luck.