Preparing to Escape from Rent

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perj28

Reaction score
I'm so happy I found this forum, I thought I'd introduce myself! 

My family is preparing to move into a TT to get away from feeling trapped by rent. My partner & I live with our 2 small kids. We're planning on living in a 5th wheel pulled by a diesel truck converted to burn waste vegetable oil.

Getting away from rent & consumerism is our primary motivation. My partner works the night shift so that he gets a differential. Even with this extra pay, we're not getting by. We always pay rent on time, but the utilities get juggled. The stress of not having enough money is a real burden on my partner due to his anxiety. I honestly sometimes worry that the stress will make him hurt himself. Getting out of this situation isn't optional.

We're hoping that moving into an rv & boondocking will allow my partner to work days & part-time. We'd really like to be able to be self-employed online or workamp so that we can travel. Both of us have medical conditions affected by weather, so being able to chase a pleasant climate (we currently live in the Ozarks...) should help us feel better. We want our rig to be maximized for boondocking with a composting toilet & solar panels. To finance all this, we're selling our vehicles & all our stuff.

Our family's theme song is "Lighten Your Load" by the Okee Dokee Brothers, it sums up our life perfectly right now! I'm so glad to have seen so many other ppl posting in a similar situation or with a similar outlook on life. I feel like rubber tramps might be a group I finally fit in  :)

Welcome perj to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Good luck on the journey!!! It will take time and effort but keep the end goal in mind. I wish I did it a long time ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a little late, but welcome. I hope you can work everything out and get on the road. I have one more year, then I'm out of here in a van. I hope we meet sometime.