Preparing for Adventure!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Journey

Reaction score
Hello, all! I currently reside in sunny California, but I am looking to expand my horizons. 

This past year has been the year of introspection for me.

After some migraine and stress issues, I started to question what I "needed" and what the true cost of those "needs" was.

I started off by learning about tiny homes and minimalism. I donated or sold about 80% of my items. Next, I rebuilt my diet based on nutritious unprocessed foods. I began a fitness routine with weightlifting, cardio, fun outdoor walks, and yoga.

At this point I felt an energy spike of about 300%!

I am completing a formal education now in design and while I have done several internships now and met with many people in the industry, I do not want to spend my life behind a screen working for things I don't even want, for the sake of status or perceived security. I have discovered that designers are able to freelance remotely, or many vandwellers work seasonal jobs outdoors.

I discovered vandwelling just recently and something really resonated with me.. I had that eureka moment. I have traveled before to camp and road trip, but I had never even realized this was a real possibility for me. The thought and vision fills me with immense joy, and I know where there is a will there is a way. I want a challenge and an adventure.

In these coming weeks, as I complete my formal education, I will be paving the way towards my adventure through learning and action. Some of my main tasks include selling my existing sedan and electronics, creating a capsule wardrobe, finding a 4x4 SUV or van, saving as much as I can, and determining my sources of income. Can't wait!

Welcome to the forums.

I know the feelings you describe. Knowing that it is the way of live you choose, makes it so much easier because you can plan ahead and be prepared.

I am at the point of picking the vehicle, installing the electrical system, etc. then just going.
You are nearly there too. Perhaps we will one day meet on the road somewhere between here, there, and the other place

Welcome

VanKitten said:
Welcome to the forums.

I know the feelings you describe.    Knowing that it is the way of live you choose, makes it so much easier because you can plan ahead and be prepared.  

I am at the point of picking the vehicle, installing the electrical system, etc.  then just going.
You are nearly there too.   Perhaps we will one day meet on the road somewhere between here, there, and the other place

Welcome

Thank your for the warm welcome, VanKitten. I wish you the best of luck as you prepare and embark and yes, perhaps our paths will cross! Peace to you.

Greetings & Welcome!

Get your income figured out first and foremost, this is the single biggest reason for failure it seems.

Good Luck!

Welcome to the CRVL forums Journey! Keep us updated!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Off Grid 24/7, thank you and great insight. I was checking out camp hosting, though my main concern is my lack of experience. While I feel comfortable with learning through my own experiences, I am not so sure about guiding others on things I haven't done yet

Hi and welcome.

Congrats on finishing up your degree and having such a great plan.  Best of luck to you.