Power Possibility

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammer

Reaction score
Now, I saw one of those battery booster/mobile power packs in a flyer today, and it got me thinking. &nbsp;Could that be used instead of a battery with an inverter? &nbsp;Already has a 600W inverter built in, so it could work. &nbsp;Wondering what sort of life they have with constant use?<div><br></div><div>Plugs into 120v to recharge. &nbsp;Has a 12v socket and three 120v sockets on the front with a 1w light included. &nbsp;Also has terminals to use as a battery booster.</div><div><br></div><div>Any thoughts? &nbsp;Trying to go stealth, so I'm skeptical, but it could work.</div><div><br></div><div>Hammer</div>

I've heard that they have a very limited amount of times that they can be discharged before they are functional anymore. I want to say it was something like a dozen times! Just what I heard so we need some pro's on this topic!<br>

Just did a new power calc and it won't run what I need. &nbsp;I'm going to look instead for some inexpensive (as possible) batteries to build a battery bank, and a few inverters. &nbsp;I need a minimum of 120ah.<div><br></div><div>Hammer</div>

Those boxes are a small gel cell battery (or maybe agm) with a built in charger.&nbsp; Maybe 7, 12, or 24 ah.&nbsp; Not built for continual use.<br>

Yeah. &nbsp;Looking at Optima. &nbsp;Yellow top D27F. &nbsp;Two of those should do nicely for my basic needs. &nbsp;Now I need to determine what out of my 'Necessary' items can go.<div><br></div><div>Hammer</div>