Power Film Flexible Foldable Solar

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just means theyre higher quality. Plus you know the company will be around when and if warranty issues pop up.

Buying cheaper panels costs you more in the long run. But im still waiting for Honda panels to hit the market for $20 per watt cause theyre the quietest.

Way back about 10-12 years ago I had a 35w foldable solar panel that I used when I took my laptop with me kayak-camping. At that time it cost me, IIRC, around $400.

So the price per watt doesn't seem to have gone down very much for them......

EDIT: I still had it 2 years ago in the van, used it to charge my laptop out in the field. But stopped using it and tossed it out during a cleaning spree.

bardo said:
It just means theyre higher quality. Plus you know the company will be around when and if warranty issues pop up.

Buying cheaper panels costs you more in the long run. But im still waiting for Honda panels to hit the market for $20 per watt cause theyre the quietest.

:) It took me a while.

I have the Renogy suitcase and while it's fantastic in terms of product quality and reliability, that thing is heavy -- more than 23 pounds. If I was buying today, I would consider one of the Lensun portable "suitcases". They weight less than half the Renogy and are similarly priced.

http://www.lensunsolar.com/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.